Chapter 12

"That's the first time I've heard you laugh," Darius observed, Ophelia shifted sitting back on her knees between Darius's legs. "Really?" She asked, "Yeah, I didn't even know you could laugh. You're always so damn serious." Darius teased still laying back.

"Obviously you haven't spoken to Officer Spade." Ophelia chuckled to herself, she tucked some hair behind her ear and the two of them stared at each other. "How long have you been trying to corner me?" She asked taking the opportunity to slip off Darius's boots. "You probably don't remember but shortly after you lied about how tents were set up in your village." Darius confessed, "You still have no proof of that." Ophelia replied without hesitation as she dropped Darius's boots into the floor.

Darius hummed softly in response stretching out his legs across Ophelia's lap. "But aside from that old bastard Lewis getting in my way... You're way too busy for a cadet." Darius complained with a sigh he decided to change the subject, a wise choice if Ophelia was honest. At this point, she'd take it to her grave that she didn't know how to put up a tent when she first joined.

"I like to earn my keep. You did tell me to earn those extra silvers Commander." Ophelia replied slipping one leg out from under her and untying her boot. She glanced over at Darius who narrowed his eyes playfully. "Well do good at this and I might want to keep you Reeds," Darius spoke, Ophelia shifted taking off her other boot. "That so?" She asked, "Yeah." Darius replied sitting up, he then moved over climbing onto her lap.

Darius shifted making himself comfortable and Ophelia stared up at him. She had never met anyone like Darius before, then again, aside from a few trips to nearby villages. Ophelia hadn't really been outside of Flat Trench since arriving there as a child. Where she had been before then was completely blank for her. But Ophelia didn't need to see the four corners of the world to know that this man in front of her was something special.

There was something that not only attracted Ophelia to Darius but... It made her want things she never wanted before. She didn't want to just survive anymore, she wanted to be the best she could possibly be. Maybe that drive had come from wanting to impress Darius on some level. But even now, she was no longer satisfied with just fading into the background anymore. She was no longer happy to lower her gaze... Something about Darius lit a fire inside her. Made her strangely competitive and greedy...

The two of them kissed yet again and at a lazy pace, clothes were stripped off their bodies. Tunics landed on top of their boots on the floor. Ophelia kissed the freshly exposed skin on Darius, starting at his stomach and moving her way up to his chest. Darius sighed happily moving her face away from his chest and kissing her lips again.

Ophelia shifted as they kissed placing Darius back on his back on the bed. She pulled away from kissing him and moved back down his body kissing his chest and stomach. Slowly pulling his pants down as she made her way down.

When her lips landed on his hip, she heard a soft shaking sigh leave Darius. His skin prickled under her lips and he shifted a bit. Ophelia could tell he was excited. Her free hand stripped the pants completely off of him and Ophelia moved Darius's legs gently pushing them apart once they were free from his pants. Kissing his inner thigh Ophelia felt the rapid pulse under her lips. She smiled pleased that Darius, despite his relaxed expression wouldn't be able to hide how he felt so easily.

It was good to know he was just as excited as she was. Ophelia felt her heart thudding rapidly in her chest, despite the lazy pace so far, she felt impatient and on edge. She didn't want anyone walking in on them. She wanted to keep Darius to herself right now. Looking up at him she kissed his inner thigh again smiling. Darius let out a soft breath and smiled back. From the moment they saw each other, it seemed so obvious now they'd end up in bed like this.