Chapter 13

Darius kept Ophelia up for most of that night. The candle that sat on the crate near Darius's bed burned out before they settled down for the night. As they rested laying near each other, legs tangled together and arms around each other. Ophelia rubbed Darius's back listening to the constant hum of purring rumbling out of him. The commander didn't even try to hide the noise now. He also didn't even seem the least bit embarrassed anymore. 

Ophelia let out a soft sigh feeling exhausted as her eyes closed listening to that low hum come from Darius. As the sun slowly rose over the distant mountains near the camp. It had been hard to see the results of their activities last night when the candle finally went out drowning in a puddle of wax. Darius's bedding was strewn throughout the tent, a pillow laid on the floor near his desk soaked in a bottle of spilled ink that had been accidentally knocked over sometime last night.

Sheets hung off the bed while Ophelia and Darius were tangled up together under the remaining blanket. Darius's pale neck was littered with red hickeys from Ophelia's work. Ophelia's shoulders sported a couple of bite marks from Darius. Darius's hair stuck out every which way as did Ophelia's. Darius had his face buried under Ophelia's chin fast asleep, sleeping so deeply that soft snores came from him. 

Ophelia slept just as deeply with her face buried in the top of Darius's head. She was exhausted after last night with Darius. Without the last few months of training with Lionel, it was clear that she wouldn't have been able to keep up with Darius's stamina or she would've died trying. But thankfully she managed to keep up although just barely.

The morning rays reached Darius's tent as the two slept. Ophelia was stirred out of her slumber, groaning softly Ophelia blearily opened her eyes noticing the sun rising outside of the tent. Her grip on Darius tightened as she grumbled feeling half asleep burying her face in his hair again. Perhaps the omega had begun to awake as well because a quiet purr rumbled out of him for a couple of moments before turning back into snores. 

By the time Ophelia and Darius woke up, the camp was up and running. Everyone went around packing their things getting ready to move the camp and continue to march forward toward Clover. Ophelia woke up first sitting up and running her fingers through her hair. Her vision was blurry for a moment causing her to wince. Rubbing her face Ophelia looked around realizing where she was.

Feeling warmth clinging to her, Ophelia looked down and saw Darius just barely sleeping with his arms around her neck and his head leaning against her shoulder. That's right... Ophelia remembered just then she had sex with the commander. She remembered everything they had done last night slowly still feeling exhausted. A smile formed on her lips, it was fun though. She had to admit to herself she enjoyed being together with Darius like that.

Ophelia reached her hand to Darius and smoothed out his hair. He began to stir groaning softly and moving closer. "Commander." Ophelia called, "Hmmm Reeds." Darius grumbled out a reply in response. "I didn't say we were finished." he huffed in his sleep, his words slurred slightly from his sleeping state. Ophelia chuckled softly, he said something similar before passing out last night. "Commander it's morning." Ophelia nudged him, Darius had been drooling on her shoulder when his eyes fluttered open. "What?" he asked looking dazed. "It's morning." Ophelia repeated, she glanced towards the flap of the tent, "Actually it looks like it's almost afternoon." She added correcting herself.

Darius stared at her blearily, "Please it's barely even sunrise-." He tried to argue before looking at the flap of the tent. Darius sat there quietly for a moment and then looked at Ophelia. "What kind of monster are you?" he asked, "Okay rude," Ophelia replied offended, Darius slipped out of bed looking for his clothes. "I've woken up at six am for the last two years I've been on this campaign," Darius explained grabbing his pants and slipping them on. "Rain or shine like clockwork I've been up by six am!" He announced hopping a bit to get his legs through. As he got dressed Ophelia sat up leaning her head against her propped-up knee finding the sight amusing.