Chapter 55

Darius pinned Ophelia against the bedrolls once more, the two of them grunted softly as Darius shifted. "Fuck." He hissed shifting back, "Did... Did you forget?" Ophelia asked panting softly, her knot was still deep inside of Darius. The omega sat there for a moment with his eyes closed, he took a few breaths and slowly opened his eyes. He stared at Ophelia, "Commander?" Ophelia asked, "When we make it to our next stop. You need to be back in this tent." He breathed, Ophelia swallowed dryly, "We're not finished." Darius announced furrowing his brows.

"What if one of the other generals or—." Ophelia didn't even get to finish her sentence, the look on Darius's face was intense. "Let me take care of that." He replied shifting a bit without meaning to, the omega froze and twitched. "Every omega that passed on you..." Darius breathed, "Is an idiot." He huffed reaching up and wiping the drool on the corner of his mouth. A euphoric look was on his face, "This is good." He murmured to himself.

Ophelia breathed heavily feeling sensitive after everything, "Try to stay still, it'll take longer to go down." Ophelia mumbled trying to calm herself down. She reached over holding Darius's hips because the omega had started to rock them without meaning to. "Sorry." Darius chuckled, taking a few deep breaths. He seemed calmer now, the faint sent of Barnabas at the entrance of the tent had started to fade by now. Now that it was just the two of them, the omega seemed happier.

"It's alright." Ophelia looked up at Darius, "So where are we headed to next?" She asked trying to move his thoughts away from anything sexual, Darius reached down grabbing one of her hands interlacing their fingers. "We'll be headed north east, hopefully in the next few days we'll reach the next village. It'll be one of the last ones before we have to climb the Alsike mountains. It's the only way to get into Clover territory." Darius explained staring at their hands, he seemed to marvel at the sight as he spoke.

"Wasn't the mountain nearby the Alsike mountain?" Ophelia asked confused, "It's apart of a mountain range, the one nearby is just apart of the tail end of it." Darius explained patiently. "I see. What's the name of the village we're approaching?" She asked curiously, "Marl Post according to the map." Darius replied, Ophelia furrowed her brows and thought for a moment. That name... It sounded familiar. "Is there a church there?" She asked, Darius looked from her hands to Ophelia. "Yes. It's the Church of Saint Anatase according to Barnabas." Darius replied, Ophelia frowned hearing this. "What's wrong?" Darius asked seeing her frown, Ophelia took a deep breath, "I just..." She sighed, "I might know someone there." She confessed.

Darius's eyebrows rose hearing this, "Really? You make it sound like a bad thing." He remarked, "Depends on if they're still like I remember them." Ophelia grumbled, Darius eyed her and then spoke. "Male or female?" He asked suddenly, he seemed annoyed all of a sudden. Ophelia was confused for only a moment, her eyes widened realizing what Darius was really asking. "They're a woman. She and I spent time together when she was staying in Flat Trench in the girl's dorms." Ophelia explained, Darius's hand squeezed hers, "Did you do any experimentation?" He asked carefully. A silent threat was hidden in his words, Ophelia got the distinct feeling he'd do more than say a few choice words if he thought Ophelia wanted to met up with an ex. "No!" Ophelia replied quickly, she felt a shiver run down her spine from both disgust and fear, "God no." She added feeling disgusted by the thought.

"She was just a pain in the ass." She explained, Darius relaxed looking like he was in a better mood now. "So a childhood friend?" He asked. "Please don't call us that." Ophelia flatly replied, Darius chuckled hearing this from Ophelia. "What's her name?" Darius asked, "Sylviane Lefebvre." Ophelia replied, "She might not even be there anymore." Ophelia added after a moment feeling awkward about bringing this up. "She got transferred three years after I arrived in Flat Trench. She's younger than me so she was still in the care of the church." Ophelia explained, "It wasn't exactly that we liked being around each other. It was that we were the only two that could stand each other." She added her mind going back to days that she had honestly forgotten.