Chapter 38

"No... No... No...!" Spencer's face was pale and the wrinkle on his forehead seemed to have gotten much deeper. "OPHELIA!" His voice was shrill, as he rushed over grabbing her by the collar of her tunic. "You didn't!" Spencer started to shake her, "Tell me you didn't do that!" He demanded, "I didn't!" Ophelia exclaimed as she was shaken. "Don't you lie to me!" Spencer's voice became shriller and he shook Ophelia harder.

"Of all the stupid--! Irresponsible--!" Spencer shouted, "Spade." Darius's icy tone cut through Spencer's screaming, Spencer froze, and Ophelia felt nauseous and dizzy from the shaking. "In the tent now," Darius ordered turning away, both Spencer and Darius went inside, and Ophelia stood there for a moment trying to get her balance back. "You too Reeds." Darius called, "Coming." Ophelia replied stumbling into the tent.

Ophelia walked into the tent setting her things down. Spencer was pacing back and forth as Darius sat on the bed with his legs crossed. "Commander with all due respect--!" Spencer started to say, Darius spoke up. "Shut up." He ordered simply, Spencer was silenced instantly. Darius's gaze landed on Ophelia, his stern expression relaxed and he motioned her over. "Reeds come over here," He called, "You don't look like you feel good." He spoke in a gentle tone. "Just a little dizzy Commander." Ophelia rubbed the back of her head as she approached stumbling a bit.

"Sit." He called reaching for her, Ophelia sat down beside him and Darius pulled her face down holding it in his hands. He tucked some hair behind her ear and then kissed her cheek openly in front of Spencer. "Let me take care of this." He said softly, "Alright." Ophelia agreed with a soft sigh. There was no denying it now, she was just surprised to see how willing Darius was to expose them. It would have been easy for Darius to talk Spencer around in circles until he couldn't tell what was going on between them anymore.

But instead, he seemed almost a bit too proud of them being together. Ophelia wondered if it was because he was jealous of Spencer in some way. Or perhaps he actually wanted to show off their relationship but never got the chance to until now.

"You two... Oh my God." Spencer said in a horrified hushed tone, "You're... You're not just sleeping together..." He observed Ophelia glanced over at Spencer before shifting behind Darius, she moved so Darius sat between her legs and she rested her head on his shoulder and her arms wrapped around his waist. Darius wanted to take charge of this so she'd trust he'd take care of the situation.

"Wait... Is this... Is this the omega you were talking about earlier?!" Spencer exclaimed putting that together, Ophelia let out a long sigh. "Yes." She replied simply, "Ophelia he's the commander! Do you even know that that means-!" Spencer started to lecture and Darius cleared his throat.

"I'm right here Spade." Darius reminded Spencer, the alpha man closed his mouth tightly looking frightened under the sharp gaze of the commander. Darius then looked over at Ophelia with a slight grin, "You were talking about me?" He asked curiously, "Yup." Ophelia replied feeling exhausted now.

"Was it good?" He questioned, "Of course." Ophelia replied with a nod. Darius looked pleased hearing this and patted her knees softly with his hands. "Commander there's one thing I take the most seriously out of being an officer." Spencer spoke up, "And that's making the safety of all the cadets in my troop my top priority." Spencer added holding a hand to his chest as he spoke.

"If Ophelia is with you then she's putting a target on her back-." Spencer started to say and Darius spoke up, "I don't really care for you saying the name of my lover so freely." Darius spoke firmly. Spencer's eyes widened hearing the term lover come out of Darius's mouth. "Had I not been informed by Reeds that she asked you to call her that..." Darius trailed off, adding in a much angrier tone, "I'd be a lot more angry." Darius sneered.