Epilogue 2: A Long way from Home

You ever looked up in the sky, and wonder if you're being watched? I sometimes wonder what forces out there are watching me now. Are they the reason I became a pokemon?

Are they laughing at me up there? Did I somehow choose this, and just not remember? I certainly lost most of my memories before I arrived here.

I just can't shake the feeling that even after regaining my memories, I'm still forgetting something. Something important.

@~ Sorry Pancham, I did my best, but only time will heal that bump on your head. ~@

p^^ Well you didn't exactly stop them from hitting me, but wow! Tapu Lele huh? Gave me the chills. At first I didn't believe that you were really human Alex, but if a Tapu is saying it's true, than what choice do I have, but to accept that.

It's weird, but...^^p - I think...that's enough Pancham. Can't you see she's hurting? - Sid turns around, and places a stubby hand on Alex's back as she looks on to Akala island slowly passing by.

-Come on Alex, you need you're sleep too. We won't arrive at Poni Island any time soon. -

Sigh, look at it Sid, I can vaguely see where we met Mimikyu at the graveyard. Now we're about to pass the town where mallow lives. Sid walks over, and sits down next to me.

-Yeah, it's crazy right. We'll probably never see this place ever again. We had a lot of memories here. Is this why you asked Magnezone to slow down? -

I meekly nod. Sid, I made a promise to them, and to the friends we made on Ula'ula island that we would meet again, but how could I ever keep such a promise, when I don't plan to ever come back. sniff.

I...hic...lied to them. Just so they wouldn't be too sad to see me go. hic. hic. - There, there, no one said that there was a time limit. Maybe someday you'll be able to see them anyway. 

Maybe come to Alola for a vacation of some kind. It doesn't have to be goodbye Alex. I'm sure they'll remember you no matter what happens. I know what it's like to leave the ones you know behind. You know, because I told you dummy. -

Heheh...thanks Sid...sniff...I think I needed that. - Alex...you don't have to hold it in you know? -

What? - After everything we've been through, you've been trying to keep it together for so long, but if you don't allow yourself to cry, you'll never really recover. Please...let it out...-

I...I'm so...sorry...sniff...hic ic ihihihihh Ihhhh...!

Meanwhile:

(, That thing back there sure was scary looking. She looked like she was looking for something. Even with all this fur, I was still getting chills. ,)

'" What do you want Absol? "' (, Now, is that anyway to speak to a friend? Just thought you might need my fur to dry those tears of yours on. ,)

'" I..I just can't believe they're gone. She chose her old life over being like us. Like we don't matter to her. "' (, I'm sure she had her reasons. Perhaps her ties to her old life are just that strong. She's not some spirit that refuses to move on, she's got a more tangible connection than that. ,)

'" Yeah? And how would you know? "' Absol looked to the night sky with a glimmer in his eyes. (, Ribrieen, I have lived for a very long time. If you saw the look in her eyes, and compared it to the ones I've seen you would know.

Those are the eyes of hope. The eyes of someone who is determined to see things through to the end. There can be no changing her mind. Sure you can make her doubt herself, you could even convince her to stay a little longer, but deep down, she won't be happy here. Always feeling hollow inside. An emptiness that can't be filled with anything, but what she really needs.