Another prologue?:

Six Months ago...

~It figures. I told her it was a bad idea, but I guess it was the best result. My other half has only taken a few lives with him this time. I managed to save most of them, but 12 could not be saved. They are heading this way. Oh dear. The last time I did this was a 1,000 years ago.

Sigh, How hard can it be? I better not tell them too much though. Better to make them feel like the choice is theirs. The only things I can help with is location, and time. I better call in that favor with Hoopa. Celebi ,and I already have an understanding.~

10 painful minutes later...

.Where am I? Am, am I...dead?. ~Indeed you are child, allow me to introduce myself. I am ^3@$! The Remaker of Life, and now the manager of lost souls. (No thanks to Arceus) I muttered to myself.~  

The child stares blankly in my direction, unable to fully see me in the shroud of darkness. A problem easily solved by lighting the gems adorning my visage. 

Alas, better not to chance the mere possibility of them remembering me. 

~Ehem. I have deigned it necessary to assist you after the accident. I feel responsible for what has happened to all of you.~

.There are others? I look both ways, but only see myself in the room. Wait a minute? Responsible? You killed us? The boy asked accusingly. ~Nay human, I saved you from oblivion for my other half wished to hold unto your soul.~ 

A half lie never hurts after all. The truth would be a little more complicated for this young one to understand.

~I am giving you a second chance to live again. You may choose any region to be reborn in, but know this. You will not be human anymore.~ 

.Eh? That's so unfair. You might as well take my memories while you're at it. Sniff. I never asked for any of this. I never even made a single friend. Ever since that day, my life has gone down hill. What am I supposed to do now? I'm all alone.

The poor thing. I sense hardships, and pain, but also some darkness. He's going to become formidable if he ever regains his memories. I know, I'll ease some of that pain before I send him off.

~That's not true, I already sent one before you. You're actually the second. Sadly that one was a rush job, and I promise to at least do you some justice.~

This much is true. I fear what she might do in Galar, but it was too risky to prolong the process otherwise.

 ~Now hold still.~ .Hey what are you? Stop, that tickles. ~Persistent aren't you? I need you to stay still enough to get a reading.~ This feels...itchy, but soothing. Yes, I'm sure of it now.

~A lonely child like you would probably end up as a grass type.~

.I think I'll pass, if I became a grass type, I couldn't go to a place like the Sinnoh region. It would have to be some place warm like the Orre region, Paldea, or even Alola.

~Alola it is then.~ .Hey! I didn't decide yet!. ~Your kind of holding up the line child. I have to move a little faster. Apologies if I offended you.~ A bead of sweat drips near my cheek. He's definitely mad. Perhaps I'll sweeten the deal.

~Perhaps you would like to start at a level close to evolving while I'm at it?~ .Whatever. Huh? Wait a minute... I feel like I read this somewhere before though. 

Isn't it a good idea to start at level 1 so I can better build up my stats, and fight the right pokemon to build up evs? I remember the teacher mentioning that in trainer school.

Color me surprised, the kid is quite intelligent for his age. It's almost a shame that he won't be a psychic type. Reminds me of that one before.

~The last one also opted for starting at level 1. It's easily done. Anything else you would like before we move on? How much memory do you wish to retain?~