Chapter 37. What I am

The dust cleared as my body moved before I even knew what happened. All I could think of at that moment was if I made it in time.

-Alex!- '" Alex, you idiot! They were clearly not planning to hit me! I can resonate with pokemon remember? "'

I gritted my teeth as my body still felt numbed from the electric shock. ( It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, but it still stung.)

o(O)o Your action was unnecessary Tsareena. If we intended to hit the Ribombee, We would have actually locked onto her first. We do not deal in chances if we can avoid it.  o(O)o

Than why did you try zapping her at all?! I demanded. 

o(O)o Her request did not align with the feelings she was projecting. Why ask us for help, when she does not want it. We desire accurate information, no lies. No deception. We will not be lied to again. o(O)o

- Ribrieen... you really were telling the truth...- Why Ribrieen? Is being a pokemon that much better than being human that you're willing to stay here?

Ribrieen looked away. '" It's... it's where I belong Alex. Baile is part of my family now. I can't leave her. I made friends with Absol, and Tapu Bulu to an extent. What did I have back on that island in Kanto?

Fake friends? Parents who are not around? The only regret I have is that I left 2 innocent pokemon in their pokeballs, and never released them. If someone does that for me though, I don't see a reason to go back.

I'm a Ribombee now. I'm happier now, and you just can't see it."'  p^^ Uhhh...Ribrieen ...sniff...you're projecting your emotions. ^^p

I look around, and realize everyone, including me has watery eyes. (Dang it. How am I suppose to argue my point, when I feel conviction like that.)

I smack my head with both my hands. I understand, but I also can't say I know what it's like to want friends, but not get true ones. I never sought out friends myself. I just wanted to go on a pokemon journey, and that trainer school only left me feeling bitter.

I took it out on others. I did bad things Ribrieen, but that me is fading away. I don't know what's happening to me now, but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of losing myself completely. Don't get me wrong I don't want to be the exact same person I was, but I don't want to lose my humanity either.

Ribrieen snorted. Still looking away. '" A bit late for that wouldn't you say?"' I shook my head, and dismissed the comment.

The truth is Ribrieen...that you scare me. Ribrieen suddenly spun around to look me in the eyes. Her face displayed a mix of hurt, confusion, and surprise.

'" Wha?!"' - Oh Alex...-  o(O)o Interesting... o(O)o

I...I don't want to be like you! I don't want to forget who I am. I don't want to disappear. I need something to hold unto, because if I let go. There will be no going back.

I get it now. You let go a long time ago because there was nothing for you to hold onto, but for me? I have something tying me to that world I once lived in, and I'm going to keep the promise I made to myself, to see it through to the end.

'" Ih..but...wha? pffff hahahahahaha! "'

,, Uhh Ribrieen?,, '" Haha ha hi ih hic.. ih ihhhhhhh hig hig hic... why... sniff... "' ( She's crying? )

'" I..sniff...hic..I...you're really serious...sniff...aren't you? You would rather be with them, than be with us? After everything that has happened? "'

I felt a pain in my chest. I knew exactly what she meant by them. I might have told you one lie earlier, or maybe a half truth is more accurate. The truth is that ever since I woke up in the pokemon center after me, and Sid first encountered one of those sky hole monsters, I started down the path to accepting my situation.