Chapter. 30 No Turning Back

Years ago:

((( Like this? Sensei shakes his head. $3~ No, no, you got to lift your leg higher. You want to keep your kick as straight as possible to deliver the maximum amount of force. ~3$

But it hurts to lift it that high. I whined. $3~ Ha, than you're really not going to like learning about doing Axe Kicks in the future. You'll have to lift your foot all the way up. ~3$  Ack! I must have looked as pale as a ghost.

$3~ Hahahahaha, no worries, you have to build up your flexibility first. We'll stick with the katas for now, before I put you up against the other beginners. Now try to put your weight into the Side Kick. Lift it up as high as you can, keep your leg bent, and then release. ~3$

Did I do it right? $3~ Well, it's a start. Next week, you might even be ready to try a Roundhouse Kick, but for now try to keep your leg straight alright. ~3$ 

I nodded happily. I will Sensei I will. )))

Present:

(Sadly it couldn't last. Mom eventually pulled me out of lessons since they were, in her own words, "too expensive." I never got pass a Yellow Belt, and I never even got to say good bye to Sensei, and I never got to Axe Kick lessons.)

I pushed those memories down for now, since I was currently getting swarmed. I had to act fast.

My body seemed to move on it's own in a way. It was like I wanted to do something, and my body just knew how to do it. The slight change in my center of gravity wasn't slowing me down.

So naturally, I had more time to think of how to handle this. Grass moves wouldn't help much here, but I wasn't using grass moves to knock them out, now was I? Over time, I learned something. Grass knots never miss even when the feet are in the air, or under the dirt.

As long as they're not using Fly, or Dig, it's fair game. I went to work on not only making the Grass knots, but willing them to grow taller in order to catch the flock by surprise with...mixed results.

I decided that instead of sliding past them, I would take the fight to them. As a Fearow dived at me, I leapt over him, much to both our shocks, I jumped higher than I expected. I was half convinced that my weight wouldn't let me jump that much higher than my pre-evolution.

Yet, here I am as high as a standard house. Another Fearow was below me when I fell. I silently thanked the unconscious feather brain for cushioning my fall. 

I decided to thank him, by grabbing his neck, and taking him with me. It was mostly to catch the others off guard though. Not that they weren't already off guard. Half of them were tangled in the grass knots I set up earlier.

Not all on their feet though. The ones that were free began to charge up Agility, while others, the metal ones specifically pelted me with Swift.

I sent Razor Leaves back to intercept the star shaped attacks. The Fearows that were free used Mirror Move to copy my Razor leaves, and send them back at me, which was stupid cause I just shrugged it off.

Do most of of the bird pokemon here not have flying type moves? Must be in that weird range of levels then. Oop, I'm falling down again.

The Fearow I was carrying still weighed alot, but I was stronger now so I clutched it's head crest tightly as I fell.

( Oh yeah, they're called Skarmory! I forgot about that page in my textbook. Never was all that crazy about flying type pokemon. I never understood why Fighting type moves weren't as effective on them. It made no sense to me.

Why do I feel so much unfairness? It's not like a flying pokemon beat me up, at least not yet anyway. My thoughts get derailed as My feet hit something smooth, and sturdy.