Chapter.35 Resolve

Earlier...

'" I'm not sure I'm going to be able to tell them much, but I hope they understand. I-U-I Ribombee...no... Ribrieen. You have a gift that all Ribombee share.

I had forgotten that possibility, and let my bias get in the way. I thought Alex might have manipulated you with her scent, but it was you who manipulated yourself.

You have the gift of resonance. Without realizing it, you made a connection with her. I will bestow a boon for you Ribrieen. When next you meet, you will be able to use that connection to temporarily restore your memories...

Only so you can tell her the full truth. You must decide then what you do next. Should you somehow convince her to stay, I will respect your wishes. I-U-I  Ribrieen nodded. Thank you Tapu Bulu. I'll give you my answer when the time comes. "'

I-U-I You better hurry, then. We're here. It's the Blinding One alright. By the way, tell your friends to look to the west to see their destination. You mind if I take it from here? I-U-I

'" Alex! Oh my Arceus, what happened!? "' I-U-I ( Well, if you are just going to fly off without saying bye first, than I guess I won't be giving it my all afterall. ) Alright Blinding One! Let's spar! I-U-I

Present...

You're human too? I asked. And you knew about her Sid?! Sid looked down in thought. - Well...not at first. It was little things like how she reacted when we were talking to Tapu Bulu back in the desert, and how she would occasionally say human like things.

I did get practice hanging around you after all Alex. - Heheh... you got me there, but Ribrieen did seem like any other pokemon.

Ah, that's right! Didn't Tapu Bulu mentioned a human turned pokemon that wandered into his domain with no memory? That was you, wasn't it? That's why you seemed so natural. ( Is that how I could have been if I lost my memories?)

Ribrieen seemed to fidget a bit. '" I'm sorry, I really didn't know much either till that day we visited Bulu. I resonated a bit with both you, and that Fo guy in order to fill in some blanks in my memory. ( Only temporarily though.

Oh crap, I forgot about him, I need to check up on him afterwards.) "' Ribrieen? Hello? Earth to Ribrieen, are you there?

'" Sorry, how about I give you the short story. My old name was Brianna. I moved to Cinnabar Island to get a fresh start, but being one of the older kids, I had trouble making friends.

I tried getting attention any way I could. I even remember putting the chalk board eraser on top of the door once. You have no idea how hard it was to get it up there.  I even remember seeing two boys yelling at each other in the cafeteria. "'

I winced at that. Not a good memory. I muttered. '" Heh, don't worry, I wasn't paying that much attention to...wait? One of those guys wasn't you was it!? "'

Now it was my turn to feel embarrassed. Heheh...hehhhh...

I meekly nodded. '" Pfff..haha..no, no. I shouldn't laugh. I've seen you go through a lot, and have been told about the parts I wasn't there for.  I think you've long since learned your lesson on karma... 

Pffff hahahaha! "'Mmmmm!... '" Sorry, sorry, if you pout any further, I might mistake your face for a Tamato Berry.

There is actually a point to all this though. I know you want to get home Alex, and I'm glad you can stay convicted like that, but I'm not coming with you. "'

p^^,, - What!? - ,,^^p We all shouted. Wh...why not? I asked.

- Ah, I get it now. Your home is here...isn't it Ribrieen? - Ribrieen reluctantly nodded. '" Yeah, sorry. The reason, I'm telling you all this is because I guess a part of me wants someone to remember a piece of the old me you know. "'