Chapter.15 Desert Hikers

This is your mom little Oddish. Say Hello to Vileplume.  -Oddi?-   That's right little Oddish this is your mother.

- She look strong. I want strong like you mommy.-  Awww, I wonder what my little Oddish is saying. Well no matter maybe one day I'll find a way to communicate, but for now, this Vileplume will teach you the ropes as quickly as possible so pay close attention.

-Oddish!  I don't get it, but I happy, if you happy. - That's the spirit Oddish. Now to think of a name for you. How about...

Aaaaaaahhhhh! -What? what? what!? I was yaaaawn...having such a nice dream. - Sorry Sid, I had a bit of a bad dream.  '" Ugh, what tiiime is iit? "' (, Yaaaaawwwn. *yhulp, yhulp* Based onnn the position of the stars outside, we still have an hour before sunrise. ,(

'" What was so bad about your dream that you had to wake everyone? "'Sorry, it's just that yesterday brought back the memories of why I was so scared of ghost pokemon.

I was so little back then. Roughly 3 ,or 4 years old, but one night when I wandered outside to look at the stars, a Haunter snuck up behind me, and scared me real bad. 

The laughing afterwards was bad enough, but then without warning, it looked in all directions as if making sure no one was looking, and then pinned me to the ground.

I couldn't understand why at the time, and I blanked out the memory for so long that it never occurred to me why the Haunter even did that.

'" So did the memory show you the truth? "' I only saw it from the corner of my eye at the time, but a looming shadow was running past the fence, and it was big. Whatever it was, it seemed like Haunter was trying to protect me, but I was so focused on the Haunter, that when I heard that horrible roar.

Well let's just say that I thought it was the Haunter making that sound. I wasn't exactly smart at the age.

- So the Haunter from yesterday must have...oh Alex. We should have never gotten separated, I'm so sorry.- I shook my head. Don't be, it may not have been great, but now we're a little stronger right?

-Well there is one thing that's bothering me? Who's the last person who was supposed to be keeping watch last night? - Everyone, including me points to Sid.

Last night, I saw a large shadow outside eyeing us. I told everyone this, but when we all looked outside, it was gone.

Not even Absol's night vision, or foresight could find anything. So we took shifts every 3 hours in order to be sure, but after my shift ended, it was Sid's turn to keep watch.

-I'm sorry, it's really hard to keep my eyes open when I'm half buried in dirt. - Oh speaking of which, time to unpack the dirt blanket. I declared. I prepared to do a Rapid Spin to shake all the dirt off of me.

'" Oh no, don't you dare! "' Too late! I spun around, and then fell backwards, and incredibly dizzy.  What happened? (, It seems you replaced one of your moves miss Alex. ,(

'" Ha, I wasn't nervous. "' -Say that again without shaking. - '" Eheheheheh... "' 

So you're all saying I can't just use rapid spin now? That doesn't seem fair. Sid can do it, and It can't be that hard. (, Let's get ready to go, while miss Alex...proves herself wrong. ,(

Hey watch it Absol, I can still rapid spin, I'll show you. -Do your best sis. - Oh, so I'm your sis now?

30 Minutes Later...

'" Hahaha..ha...haaaa...siiigh... Ooooo, that was funny. You done making a fool of yourself. You're going to get left behind at this rate. "'

Can't hear you, the world won't stop spinning. Ueegghhh... -She's like a Spinda, I should probably help her Ribrieen.- '"Well hurry up, the Oasis is near by, and I really need a bath after all this dust that she somehow managed to fling into the air. "'