Who Is She?

The Hard Deck, a place that collectively hold the navy, the drunk and everything in between. The smell of oak, beer, salt and sand. The Hard Deck was packed, loud.

Walking through the main doors as I placed my aviators up on my head, looking around for the fellow pilots. I smiled as I heard a loud and strong female shout my name at the top of her lungs. "Kanzansky!" Looking over past a group of people, I smiled as my eyes landed on my long distance best friend. Phoenix.

"Howdy stranger." I smiled as we met half way, embracing each other in a tight hug, we both let out a loud giggle. Hearing from a voice I don't recognise.

"Who is she?" He sounded gobsmacked, don't blame him.

"Freya Kanzansky aka Ghost." Coyote!

"Wait... she's Iceman's daughter?!" The mysterious voice replied. As I felt Phoenix take my hand, she pulled me along to join the group, seeing a pair of blue eyes stare into my soul. I raised an eyebrow up at Bradshaw, who looked at me with a smile.

"Hey Roost." I smirked at him, admiring how he finally filled out to his features.

"Hey Ghost girl." He flung his arm over my shoulders, bringing me into a side hug. He kissed the top of my head, as I smiled over to Coyote. Taking in Roosters signature scent of his cologne of sea mist and musk.

"Hey Coyote." I gave him a nod, as he returned it. Noticing blue eyes still heavily staring at me, I stood up straight. Loosening myself from Roosters grip, I folded my arms as I leant against a hip. "Can I help you, blue eyes? Mind introducing yourself, or are you the staring, brooding type?" Chuckles went around us, I startled the man. He looked surprised that a female would go up against him so abruptly.

"Name is Hangman, darling." He gave me a cunning smile, coming forward to lean against the pool table. Beer in one hand, pool stick in the other.

"Well, darling." I started, taking a step towards him. Taking the beer from his hand, he looked back at me as I walked past him. "Thanks for the beer." I smiled as I headed to the jukebox to change the song.

Hangman sat there fascinated in this newcomer that he was amazed he has never met until this moment. His head snapped back to Rooster and Phoenix. "How come you two are so chummy with Iceman's daughter, huh?"

Phoenix and Rooster both let out a small huff of a laugh, amused on how quickly Hangman has seemed to claim the blonde bombshell. "We were roommates for years, Rooster and her were aircraft buddies. They were a paired duo for a very long time." Phoenix spoke up on behalf of the both of them.

"She seems nice." Bob gave a soft smile amongst the conversation, watching as Ghost walked back over to the group. Swinging an arm over Bobs shoulders.

"What's your name, glasses?" I questioned, still holding the beer I stole off of Hangman.

"Bob." He smiled up at me softly, he was cute and sweet. Innocent.

"She means callsign." Payback and Fanboy spoke up, as I gave the boys a smile. I looked back down at Bob.

"Bob." Bob said bluntly as I patted his shoulder.

"Well, Bob." I started as I walked past Hangman, taking the pool stick off of him. I passed it to Bob. "8 ball, Bob. Rack them." Bob gave me a smile, he looked at me like a shy kid who was unsure. Him taking the pool stick off of me and walking around to get himself ready to take the shot. Hangman stood up from leaning on the pool table, staring me down as we stood chest to chest. Walking around me, I rolled my eyes at his attempt to scare me. He walked off to the bar, as my eye caught onto Maverick.

"Sooo, doesn't anyone know what this special attachment is all about?" Payback questioned the group, watching Hangman steal the pool stick back off of Bob. He stood ready to take the shot himself.

"Missions a mission, they don't confront me. What I want to know is, who is going to be team leader." Watching his shot, he stood up as he looked amongst us. "Which one of y'all have what I takes? To follow me."

Scoffing as I leant against a pole next to Rooster, he looked between Rooster and I. Rolling my eyes as I looked away from him, my eyes widened as Rooster said. "Hangman, the one place you're leading anyone is an early grave." Fanboy let out a long breath, more of a wince sound. I was impressed though, all Hangman did was smile in return. Walking over to Rooster, Hangman returned with.

"Well, anyone that follows you, is just gonna...run out of fuel. Well, that ain't just you, Rooster." Looking up at Rooster, he smirked down at Hangman. "You're snug on that perch, waiting just for the right moment, that never comes." Hangman took a step closer to Rooster, his smile grew as the song changed over. I love this song." Hangman walked off as my attention landed on Coyote who gave me a wink, rolling my eyes at him with a smile. Phoenix came and joined us as we all looked to the direction the ken doll walked off.

"Is he always like that?" I asked.

"He hasn't changed." Phoenix folded her arms.

"Nope, sure hasn't." Rooster added as he walked past me, giving my arm a gentle squeeze. Fanboy walked over to us, noticing more of the pilots walking in.

"Check it out. More patches, that's Harvard, Yale, Omaha, shit that Fritz. What the hell of a mission is this?" Fanboy looked at me.

"That's not the question we should be asking." I sighed as I stood up straight off of the post.

"Ghost is right." She looked to me, before looking to the group. "Everyone here is the best there is, who the hell are they going to get to teach us?"