Need To Check Up On Him.

I will tell you the truth, sitting beside Phoenix as we sat on the bar by the radio. Listening into Hangman and Rooster, going up against Maverick. I did feel the FOMO, of not being up there.

"So, Rooster, do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" Hangman begun.

"Would it matter if I did?" Rooster replied, hearing the annoyance in his voice.

"So, what's the story with you and Maverick? Seems like he's got you a little rattled?" I sighed heavily, dropping my head as soon as that sentence left Hangman's mouth.

"That's none of your business." Rooster replied in a relatively calm tone. "Now where the hell is he?"

"Been here the whole time." Maverick announced.

"Holy shit." Hangman said as I looked to phoenix.

"Come on, let's get this over with." Maverick encouraged Rooster, holding my breath as Rooster yelled.

"Fights on!" I could only hear the sounds of their aircraft's ducking down, imaging what could possibly be happening.

"What is with these two?" Hangman asked himself, hearing commotion between Maverick and Rooster. The tension filled the room massively, everyone sat at the edge of their seats. Listening to every word. "Guys, you're running out of room!" Hangman warned them, hearing the aircraft's Siri voice shout an alarm to pull up. I whispered to myself, praying to Roosters father and mother above, to knock some sense into Rooster.

The sudden disappearance of the Siri voice in my the aircraft's, I sighed in relief as I heard Hangman speak up. "That's it rooster, you got him! Drop down and take the shot." I will admit, he's getting better with not leaving his wingman.

"It's too low!" Rooster notified Hangman.

"Too late! You had your chance." Maverick then went quiet, for what seemed like 10 seconds. "That's a kill, knock it off."

Waiting by the door for Mav, Rooster and Hangman to land. I barged through the door, making my way down the stairs to head over to the aircraft's. Hondo came up to me, grabbing me softly by my arms. He knew how close Roost and I were, how much we stressed about one another. Especially when we weren't sharing a aircraft together.

"Where you going, Ghost girl?" He asked, looking at him with a squint as the sun shon brightly on his sweaty head.

"Going to check on Roost, something is up." I told him, he looked at me with sympathy. Holding me still as I heard Hangman, looking up from Hondo. He walked towards us with concern.

"Everything ok?" He questioned, standing behind Hondo. Hondo sighed heavily.

"Go and check on him." Hondo dropped his arms from his grip on me, giving Hondo a small smile. Side stepping away from Hondo, I went to walk off to check on Roost. Hangman quickly grabbed ahold of my hand, pulling me back towards him.

"Can I help with anything?" He asked full heartedly, giving him a pressed lip smile. I rubbed my thumb against his hand.

"Nah, I've got him covered. Thanks though." I replied as he let go of my hand.

"Not a problem." He smiled back. Turning around as I stormed over to Rooster, popping up behind him. He jumped in his skin as I spoke up.

"Hey!"

"Jesus! Freya! Oh my god." He took a breath, placing his hands on his knees.

"What's going on, are you trying to get yourself kicked out?" Rooster rolled his eyes, turning from me as he tried to walk off. I grabbed ahold of his arm, pulling him around to look at me. "Don't walk away from me, when I am talking to you. Spit it!" I gritted my teeth, putting on a stern tone of voice.

"You wouldn't get it." He dropped his head, placing his hands on his hips.

"Try me." I lowered my voice, he sighed heavily.

"He pulled my papers... Maverick pulled my papers." He confessed as I narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"What do you mean?" I looked at him confused.

"He pulled my application to the naval academy, kept me back 4 years." I dropped my shoulders, sighing heavily as I looked at him sympathetically. Bringing him into a hug, I wrapped my arms over his shoulders as he pulled me in by my waist.

Across from them, Hangman stood with Bob and Phoenix. Observing Rooster and Ghost interact, Hangman was confused but intrigued on how gentle Ghost could be.

"They are quite close, aren't they?" Hangman questioned the duo.

"They... have been through a lot." Phoenix explained.

"So? I don't have anything to worry about?" Hangman questioned, Bob huffed a small laugh.

"If you think that they have something going on. You're delusional, they have been friends longer then Phoenix and her." Bob explained. Hangman looked back towards Ghost and Rooster, watching as she held his face. Running his arm in comfort as Rooster walked off to find Hondo for his push ups. Hangman was intrigued, he thought that Ghost was cold hearted. Seeing her softer side being on display, was something... unexpected.