Beautiful Brain.

Sitting up, perch on a bit of snowy high ground. Using our on hand binoculars, to observe the partly blown up enemy base. The smoke mixed with the snows mist, forming a large cold ice cloud. I smiled as my eyes landed on the F-14 model, Rooster looked at me in disbelief.

"You've got to be shitting me." He said as I gave him a cheeky grin. "An F-14?" He questioned, as I observed the big old beast from afar.

"I shot down 2 aircraft's in one of those." I told him, feeling an excited flare warm up inside me.

"We don't even know if that bagass can fly." I knew rooster thought of this as being a bad idea, but it was the only one we had. Nodding to myself, I slapped Roosters shoulder as I got to my feet, sneaking down the inclines.

"Let's find out." I said as I made my way, hearing rooster whisper shout behind me.

"Ghost!... ok." He gave in, following behind me. He placed his hand on the back of my suit, stabilising himself as he slips. Using me to make sure his clumsy long legs didn't get the better of him.

"You know, we would be killed from your clumsiness. You know that." I said softly over my shoulder, keeping my cool as we walked across the run way to the F-14.

"I hate you." He replied, knowing he was going along with the sort of joke. "There's guys up there, ghost." Rooster alerted me, as I observed our surrounding, enemy pilots and soldiers everywhere.

"Yep."

"There more over there." Rooster warned.

"Ok.." I started to jog. "Let's start running."

"Yeah, run, run." We both picked up our speed, sprinting over to the aircraft and the charger box. Checking for the area to be clear, Rooster stood watch as my nerdy side of my brain kicked in. Cheering as lights flashed at me, I put my hand on Roosters back. Regaining his attention.

"Once...once I give you the signal.. you're going to flip this switch until the needle hits 120. When the engine starts you're going to pull all the pins and disconnect everything, you understand?" I questioned him, as he took in a deep breath. Nodding.

"Jesus, Hangman is lucky to be with you and that big beautiful brain of yours." I slapped his chest as I flicked the switch, watching fuel pump through the attachment.

"Yes!" I cheered, I gave Roosters arm a squeeze as I started to jog over to the ladder. I stopped as I looked back at Rooster. "Once I'm up, stow the ladder." Climbing up the ladder into the cockpit, rooster came up behind me and stowing away the ladder. I plopped myself down in the seat, observing everything. "Ok." I begun, shaking my hands to rattle off the nerves. "It's been a while, hasn't it Ghost?" I questioned myself.

Flipping switches to start the engine, I gave Rooster the signal. Where he gave me a nod, taking off all the pins. I kept flicking switches to wake the beast up, rooster jumped up on the wing. Climbing in behind me, he cause me to stress for a moment. Hearing. "Oh my god." Soon letting out a giggle as he added. "This thing is so old."