Moved Up.

Time was ticking, being called in as we all sat in the instruction room. Admiral bates stood in front of the class, alerting us of the current situation. Coming to find a seat, a pair of strong hands gripped my waist. Pulling me away from sitting next to Rooster, sliding off of Hangman's lap onto the seat. I glared at him, as he gave me a wink.

"The uranium enrichment plant, that is your target. Will be operational earlier then expected. Raw uranium will be delivered to the plant in 10 days time. As a result, your mission has been moved up. By one week." I sighed heavily to myself, as the admiral continued. "In order to avoid contaminating the target valley with radiation."

"Sir." Coyote spoke up. "No one here has successfully flown a low level course." Well, I mean, Rooster and I were pretty close.

"Never the less, you've been ordered to move on." Bates replied to him, looking over to Mav. He called him over to take over. "Captain."

"We have one week left to focus on phase 2, it's the most difficult stage in the mission. It's a pop up strike with a steep dive requiring nothing less than 2 consecutive miracles. Two pairs of F18s, will fly in a welded wing formation. Teamwork, precise coordination of these aircraft is essential to both the mission and your survival. As you know, the plant rests between two mountains." A diagram demonstration appeared on the board behind maverick. "On final approach, you'll invert directly into a steep dive. This allows you to maintain the lowest possible altitude. And the only possible, attack angle. Your target is an impact point less than 3 metres wide. The two seat aircraft will paint the target, with a lazar bullseye. The first pair will breach the reactor by dropping a lazar guided bomb on an exposed ventilation hatch. This will create an opening, for the second pair." Maverick came to a stop, as he put his pointer finger up. "That is miracle number one."

Maverick continued to explain the mission, pacing backwards and forwards. Expressing his words with his hands. "The second team, will deliver the kill shot and then destroy the target. That is miracle number 2. If either team, misses the target. The mission is a failure."

"Then, what is the plan to get out?" I questioned maverick.

"Well, Ghost. Egress is a steep high G climb out to avoid hitting this mountain." Maverick explained.

"A steep climb, at that speed. You're pulling at least 8Gs." Hangman said as I corrected him.

"No, at least 9. Minimum." We looked at one another, looking back to Maverick. Maverick looked amused, he was trying to hide it.

"Stress limit of an F18s airframe is 7.5." Rooster added to the conversation.

"That's the accepted limit, Ghost is close to where you'll have to push to survive this mission. Even if it means, bending your airframe. You'll be pulling so hard, you'll weigh close to 2000 pounds. Your skull, crushing against your spine. Your lungs imploding like an elephant sitting on your chest. Fighting with everything you've got, just to keep from blacking out. This is where you'll be at your most vulnerable." Maverick approached the screen, observing the layout. He turned to face us all. "This is coffin corner. Assuming you avoid, crashing into the mountain. You'll climb straight up into enemy radar while loosing all of your air speed. Within seconds, you will be fired upon by enemy SAMS. You've all faced sustained Gs before, but this.. this is going to take you and your aircraft to the breaking point."

"Sir, is this even achievable?" Phoenix questioned Maverick.

"The answer to that question, will come down to the pilot in the box."