Softy.

The tension was slowly coming to an ease, waking up in my dark room as the sun peaked through the curtains. I groaned as I covered my arms over my head, sighing heavily as a gentle knock appeared from my door.

"What?" I asked, groaning as a male giggle opened the door. "You're not a morning person, aren't ya?" Jake.

Peaking through the gap in between my arms, seeing him holding two cups of coffee in his hands. He smiled, as he stood like he had an offering. "You brought me coffee? To my room?" I raised an eyebrow at him, dropping my arms to the side of my body. I sat up as I pulled my long blonde hair behind my ears, taking the coffee offering from Jakes hands. He plotted himself down by my feet, leaving my door wide open as I observed his clothing, Grey sweats and a white singlet top. I will tell you now, it was quite a stunning sight.

"Oh my good! How cute! Guys, come look!" Fanboy and Coyote called out to everyone as they stood in my doorframe, passing my cup back to Hangman as I reached behind to grab my 'throw' pillow. Lobbing it at the door, they all laughed as Phoenix and Bob came up behind them. Pushing the guys along.

"Come on, move it!" Phoenix ordered as I giggled to myself.

"You ready for today?" Jake questioned as he passed me my coffee back, giving me a smirk.

"What's today?" I asked as I took a sip of the coffee, moaning at the delight it was. He smiled, looking up at me. There was a glimmer in his eye, it was strange.

"Maverick wants us to meet him at the beach, apparently we have a beach exercise?" He said in question, unsure on what we were actually going to do there.

"Oi! Love birds, come and get some food into you! Before Coyote and Rooster eat it all!" Bob called out to us from downstairs.

"Come on, Ghost Girl!" Rooster whistled, groaning as I covered my face with my free hand. Jake stood up, offering me a hand. Narrowing my eyebrows at him, I took his hand as he helped me to my feet.

"Why, are you being like this?" I questioned him, taking my hand back. He swung his arm over my shoulders, bringing me into his side.

"Cause, I like you, ghost." I wouldn't lie, my heart fluttered. I pressed my lips together, hiding a smile. Heading down to the kitchen/dining room area, Jake squeezed my shoulder as he headed over to the kitchen where Bob was cooking bacon and eggs with Phoenix. Plopping myself down beside Rooster, I leant my head against his arm.

"Morning." I said softly, as he leant his head on mine.

"Mornin." He replied with a mouthful of food, sitting back up straight to eat his food. A whistle appeared behind me, shooting straight up as I looked behind me to a smiling Hangman. I smiled as I took the plate from him, mouthing thank you as he plopped himself down beside me. The rich greasy smell of bacon filled the room quickly as we all sat around the knights round table.

"Wow, you must be really wanting to get into Ghosts good books, Ayy?" Fanboy teased, giving a little head throw.

"I don't see you making the effort." I replied as I leant against Jake to be a tease myself, everyone yelled out oh damn! And, you just got burned! Looking to Jake as he looked at me with a smile, I rolled my eyes as I went back to eating. This big fella who was as cocky as anything as I met him, coming out as a big softy underneath, it was intriguing.

After we all got a full feed, we headed down to the beach as the sun rose upon the ocean and sand. Splitting off into teams, to play dogfight football. I stood over on Payback and Fanboys team, Phoenix beside me. I squinted as I placed my hand on my forehead to try and cover my eyes from some of the glare.

"Sucker, forgetting to grab your sunnies." Phoenix stuck her tongue out at me, giving me a playful push as I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Freya!" My voice was called out behind me, turning around. I was greeted with Jake who came jogging over to me.

"Hey." I replied as he took his aviators off, exposing his bright shiny blue eyes, that were somehow even bluer in the sun. He placed his aviators gentle on my face, protecting my eyes from the American sun. "Thanks, you big softy." I smiled.

"Only a softy for you." He winked, making my stomach do flips. God damn it.

"Hangman! Stop interacting with the enemy!" Rooster whistled out to him.

"Duty calls." I playfully shoved him, as he smiled, jogging back to Roosters team. I crouched down, pointing at Rooster.  "Ready to lose, Roost?!"

"Bring it on Ghost girl!"