Hey, Dad.

Life is beautiful and life right now is only the beginning. It's been 5 years since the mission of a life time, where I learnt so much about myself.

The things that I have been most proud of though, is continuing my fathers legacy. Being promoted to Admiral, having my face plastered up next to my dads.

If you were also wondering, yes. Jake stuck around, like a bad smell.... I'm just kidding! He's been amazing, as I flew up the ranks becoming an admiral. He finally became a captain, let's just say becoming a daddy taught him some responsibility.

Yes, a daddy, making me a mummy. A year ago, he and I welcome a beautiful little boy into the world. Tom James Seresin, named after my father. Mum has been the greatest with him when Jake and I work, it's taken a lot of pressure off. The only thing that is kind of annoying to begin with, when he was first born. She couldn't cope with the reality that he was his own person, she believed that he was dad reborn.

After two weeks away, Jake was going to be home tomorrow from his deployment. Picking up little Tommy on my way, taking in the fresh air. We made our way to see Dad, the first time in 6 months. Making my way up the small hill that my dads grave sat on, I smiled down at his gravestone. Saying softly, as the cool breeze brushed past us.

"Hi, dad." I crouched down, taking a seat. Letting little Tom crawl around on the grass. "I know it's been a while, sorry I haven't come and visited you. Been backwards and forwards with work, never understood the seriousness with being an Admiral." I laughed to myself, watching little Tom put his little hand on dads photo.

"That's why you should give me that role!" A voice appeared behind me, looking at Tom. Watching him light up with glee, I looked over my shoulder. In shock, as I was greeted with a bright and cheeky smile. Of the man that I love.

"Mr Hangman, what are you doing home?!" I cheered, as I got to my feet. Grabbing Tom, guiding him on his crawling path to his father. I smiled as Jake picked him up, putting his little face against his. Tom let out a large and cheeky squeal, walking over to me. Bringing me into a side hug, he pressed his lips against mine.

"Wanted to surprise you." He finally answered my question, making me smile. He squeezed my shoulders as we looked back down at the gravestone. "Hello sir, long time." Hangman said as my heart fluttered.

In a world of chaos and us fighting against wars and protecting our home, we found love and created a family. Where I thought I couldn't love again, a big hunka spunk. Made his way through my cold exterior and melted me.

If you told me, that Jake was going to be the father of my son. On the day that I met him, I would've laughed in your face. But, don't all love stories start with the person you least expect? But, I guess you can kind of thank my father for this. The power he held on earth, I wouldn't be surprised if he was already controlling heaven. Setting up plot lines here and there, but I know that he is with me... constantly.

I always remember that moment, knocking on heavens door. Where my father greeted me, but as stubborn as we both are. He told me it wasn't my time, he was right.

Just keep that as a reminder for you, when you want to give up the fight. Don't, keep moving forward. Keep on fighting. Because, you never know what you're going to miss.

Thank you guys for the love on this book! Remember you are loved.