Life Of A Victor.

Is heaven something real? Is hell real? Or are they only a lie that was made up, to give people hope in life. When you sin, god will forgive you and grant you a chance of redemption, if you don't redeem yourself by a certain time. A man in red with a pitchfork and pointy tail, will come and drag you to the pits of hell. Toast you alive like a walking marshmallow.

Sitting on a freshly polished bench, I took in a deep breath. Taking in the ocean breeze, I was relaxed. Smiling at the planes flying over, the sun soaked into my skin. Hearing a pair of footsteps come up behind me, I gasped as I heard a voice. A voice I haven't heard in a while.

"What are you doing here, grommet?" Turning around as I placed my hand on the back rest of the bench, my bottom lipped dropped as my throat swelled up.

"Dad?" I questioned rhetorically, getting to my feet as I approached my father. We pulled each other into a tight hug, I sobbed into his shoulder. Feeling his hands reach to hold my face,he smiled as he observed my facial features. Shaking his head as he used his thumb to wipe away a tear.

"You shouldn't be here." He told me as I looked at him confused.

"What do you mean, dad?" I asked as I took a step back from him.

"You're not meant to be here, baby. We will meet again, I promise you." I shook my head at him, refusing him trying to say goodbye again. "Hey." He started, grabbing ahold of my hands. "I am so proud of you, looking after your mum and how you performed just before. But, I need you to promise me something." He gave me a glare, demanding for me to keep it. "I need you to promise me, that you will find it."

I narrowed my eyebrows at my father. "Find what?" I questioned.

"The life of a victor."

Gasping awake, feeling my body sunken in a pile of snow. I groaned as I pushed myself up, using my hands to stabilise myself. I reached up, removing the mask from my face. I muttered to myself. "That's the last time, I am taking a missile for you Roost. That shit hurts." Of course my parachute didn't come out. Hearing a distant whoosh whoosh, my eyes locked onto an enemy helicopter. Aiming straight at me. "Shit, get up Ghost, get up."

Getting to my feet, I tried to run off towards the tree. I tripped over my bag, knees first into the snow. I quickly reached around to unbuckle myself. I took off into a sprint, running towards a large log as they opened fire. I jumped, tucked and rolled, using the log for cover. Bits of wood flying past me, the firing ceased. I got to my knees, watching as the helicopter came around to aim at me again.

Gulping heavily as I watched the barrels of the guns begin to spin, I thought about things I wished I said. Closing my eyes, ready to eat the incoming bullets. I jumped backwards in fright, opening my eyes as I saw the helicopter go up in flames. Watching one of our aircraft's fly through it, I locked eyes with Rooster.

"Oh no... rooster." I said to myself, watching a SAM connect with the back of his aircraft. Watching his parachute appear as he floated to the ground, I begun the sprint over to him. Pushing with all my might, getting sight of Rooster hiding his parachute into the snow. I yelled out to him. "You alright?!" I shouted, his eyes lit up. Getting to his feet, as he replied.

"Yeah, I'm good. Are you good?" Using my full body strength to push him, he fell backwards. Looking at me in misbelief, we both threw our helmets off. Rooster getting back to his feet, raising his voice at me. "What the hell?!"

"What are you doing here?!" I yelled at him in question.

"What am I doing here?!"

"You think I took that missile so you can be down here with me? You should be back on the carrier by now!"

"I saved your life!" He spat back at me.

"I saved your life! That's the whole point. What the hell were you even thinking?" I looked at him in question.

"I was thinking, that I couldn't deal with the idea of my best friend gone!" Hearing that come out of his mouth, I sighed heavily. Putting my guard down, he looked at me like he was waiting for me to respond. Putting his arms out in that come on motion. We both stopped arguing, taking a breather. I placed my hands on my knees, puffed from that run over here.

"Well... it's good to see you roost." I said to try and change the subject. Rooster put his hands on his hips.

"It's good to see you too. So, what's the plan?"