Memorial.

Legacy, will forever remain with my fathers name. The day came, where it comes to the final goodbyes. Standing at the podium, taking in a deep breath as I stood in front of every navy representative that had contact with my father, my entire family and my little navy family. My eyes landed on my mother, who's sad face wrenched my heart out of my chest.

But, then my eyes met with my little Navy family. They all looked to me in sympathy, Rooster could tell I was freaking out and then him... his eyes made me feel like... like I was capable to remain strong.

"Tom Kazansky, was many things, a naval aviator, a captain, an admiral, a husband and most importantly... an incredible father. In my fathers office, there was... there is a photo of him, shaking hands with Captain Mitchell. As a kid, that was pretty cool. But, a lot to live up too. On occasion, I would sit down with my father. Asking for advice, guidance in moments where I was truely lost. He had faith, that I was capable to achieve the knowledge to create my own path. But most importantly, push back harder if someone starts to push against me. My fathers name will leave a permanent footprint with the navy... forever. I wish to only leave a legacy like his when it is my time." I gulped heavily, taking a deep breath. Feeling my tears form in my eyes, I looked over to the casket that held my father, the photo of him looking back at me displayed. "As a final goodbye, I love you." I looked back to the gathering of people, finishing my speech. "Thank you."

Stepping down, I walked past my boys, Rooster and Hangman both gave me a gentle squeeze on my hand as I walked past to go and stand post next to my mother. The ceremony ending started, watching the aircraft's fly over us, the final gunshot were sent into the sky as trumpets played. Admiral passed my mother a folded American flag, in representation of respect and sorrow. To thank us. Giving the admiral a nod, my hands behind my back. My mother placed her hands over mine, giving me the subtle comfort I needed.

My eyes landed on Maverick, standing there as he saluted his friend goodbye. Watching my fathers casket get lowered into the ground, tears rolled down my face as I pressed my lips together. My body shaking as I clenched my jaw, trying everything to prevent myself from crying. Sighing heavily, I whispered under my breath.

"I love you, dad."

The rest of the day was a blur, people came and went from the house. Coming by with their condolences and flowers, I stood in my fathers office. Looking out at the view it had, a perfect view of the ocean and palm trees. He always found it relaxing, it was peaceful for him. The office still smelt like him, that was something I wish could stay forever. Yet I know it can't.

"Cute photo." A voice appeared behind me, making me jump in my skin. Turning around to face the voice, my shoulders dropped as did my arms. "You look like your dad in this." Jake.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, walking up to him as I observed the photo he held. I smiled at it, it was me and him. Early days.

"I am here for you

"I am here for you." He explained, looking up at him as he placed the photo down. His eyes softened at me, he knew I didn't know how to cope. "Come here." He pulled me into his chest, my ear against his chest. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, as he did the same to me.

"Thank you." I said softly, feeling him place a kiss on the top of my head. My breathing and heart rate eased at the sound of his heartbeat. I think my father was right with this one, Jake and I need each other to balance each other out. Which is something, beautiful, if you think about it.

Not going to lie to you guys, I cried writing this chapter.