True Intentions.

Owing someone an apology can really test your true intentions, whether or not you are genuine... or if everything, was simply an act. After the madness of yesterday, dad called me and asked if I was up for a walk. Telling him, of course. I met him at the house, where he stood there smiling.

Walking towards him, as my white air forces hit the hot pavement. Squinting as the sun glared behind him, I raised an eyebrow at him. "What are you up too?" I questioned, narrowing my glare at him.

Nothing, come on. He mouthed, offering me his arm. Wrapping my arm around his, he lead the way. Resting my head on his shoulder, he placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head. We walked in silence for what seemed like forever, we enjoyed each others company as we walked along the cobbled path that lead to the sand from the house, entranced by palm trees and a small shack, where surfboard were sold to the local tourists.

Feeling dad reach for his phone, be brought out text to speech. "Maverick told me, yesterday was rough." His phone spoke for him, sighing heavily as I stood up tall as we continued to walk along. I folded my arms against my chest.

"Yeah, it was. Rooster and Hangman got into a bit of a... heated moment." I explained, as Dad gasped. Making me jump in my skin, whilst a big gush of wind blew past us. "What?" I asked.

"Hangman? You haven't spoken about him before." His phone said for him, he then slapped my arm. Coming to a stop as he smiled, excitedly. "Is Hangman, the guy your mum was sensing?"

I groaned as I threw my head up and looked to the sky. Throwing my arms into the air in annoyance, I exclaimed at the top of my lungs. "Yes!" My father laughed as he brought me into a tight hug, hugging him back. I sighed heavily.

"It's ok to feel." He spoke himself, softly. Just able to hear him. "He must be something special to get under your skin." Rolling my eyes as I playfully shoved my father, he and I laughed as we started to make our way along the beach back to the house.

Walking back into the house, we continued to laugh and joke. We came to a stop, hearing mum talking with a strong, flirtatious voice I know. Standing at the entrance to the kitchen/dining room area, I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Seeing Jake sit across from my mother, laughing and joking. He held a cup of tea in his hand, he didn't give me the tea drinking type.

Dad poked me in the ribs, nodding at him. He understood that this was Hangman, sitting in our kitchen. Mum lifted her head, looking past Jake as she noticed us.

"Oh! Hey you two, was wondering where you two ended up." Jake turned to face us, his eyes meeting mine. He gave me a gentle smile, as i continued to look at him confused. He placed his cup of tea down, walking over to my father as they met half way. They shook each others hands.

"It's an honour to meet you, sir." Jake said as dad gave him a respectful nod.

"Sweetie!" Mum called out to dad. "This is the boy!"

"Oh my god, ma." I covered my face with my hands.

Dad walked past Hangman, going towards mum. She looked at him confused, not understanding how embarrassing she can be at times. She argued with him as dad pushed her outside, Jake finding it amusing as dad closed the sliding door behind him.

"They are just... wonderful, your mums a sweetheart." Jake begun, as I folded my arms. He knew he was in the shitter with me.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned him, he let out a sigh. Walking towards me, he placed his hands on my upper arms. Looking me intensely in the eyes.

"I wanted to come and apologise, Phoenix told me you're a sucker for big gestures. I did plan it." He looked over to the living room table, where mum placed in a vase the bouquet of red and light pink roses, my favourite. "But, instead of being greeted by you. I was greeted by your mother. Who is a very excited woman." I giggled a little at his comment.

"She is very enthusiastic." He laughed with me, his hands moving up to hold my face.

"I am so sorry, for how I acted. I apologised to Rooster and got his blessing to come and talk to you, he loves you so so much. I am so incredibly sorry, please forgive me." He stared me down, taking a moment to observe the truth behind his ice blue eyes. I smiled with pressed lips, nodding.

"Yeah, I guess I can forgive you." I teased, as Jake pulled me into his chest. Kissing my forehead, he wrapped himself tightly around me.

"I can work with that."