Close Call.

It was time for my go, pairing with Maverick without Phoenix, Bob and Coyote knowing. They started to follow the grid that was laid out on the Navigation System. Flying over the dusty mountains of the desert, with the heat blaring into my aircraft as per normal. I connected into the pairs radios, along with Maverick.

"Talk to me Bob." Phoenix asked for the current situation.

"We are 12 seconds late on target. We gotta move! We gotta move!" Bob instructed, hearing phoenix mutter.

"Shit."

"Copy. Stay with me." Coyote took control, that was our signal. Coming around wide, at different angles. Bob notified his team.

"Huh? Wait, who's that?" He questioned.

"Blue team, you have been spotted." Maverick alerted his position.

"Shit, it's Maverick. Wait? Who's the other one?" Coyote asked.

"Howdy everyone." I announced myself.

"What the hell are they doing here?" Phoenix said in a concerned tone.

"We are bandits, on course to intercept. Blue team, what are you going to do?" Maverick plotted to the team.

"He's 20 miles left, ten o'clock. 700 knots closure." Bob gave them Mavericks location. "Shit! Where is Ghost?!" Bob exclaimed, as I used the desert mountains to my advantage.

"Keep a look out for her, Bob! She will come out of no where!" Coyote warned.

"I see her! 22 miles left, eleven o'clock. 800 knots closure! She is using the mountains!" Good eye Bob.

"Your call, what do you want to do?" Coyote passed the responsibility to Phoenix.

"Continue. We're close, stay on target." Phoenix ordered.

"They are swinging around to the north! Ghost is in line with Maverick!" Bob alerted them, as I swung my aircraft around. Balancing in unison from a distance behind Maverick.

"Stand by for pop up!" Coyote called.

"Be ready on that lazar, Bob."

"Copy, on it." Bob replied to Phoenix.

"Blue team, bandits are still closing." Maverick reminded them, as I split off from him, staying close still. But giving us more room to attack.

"Popping now!" Coyote exclaimed, watching them go up and flip to simulate going down the incline. Coyote asked. "Talk to me, Bob! Where is Maverick and Ghost?"

"They are 5 and 4 miles out! They are approaching fast!" Bob exclaimed.

"Target is in sight." Phoenix said as they levelled out.

"Where is my lazar, Bob?" Coyote questioned, hearing panic in Bobs voice.

"Dead eye! Dead eye! It's no good, sorry! I can't  get a lock!"

"We are out of time! I am dropping blind!" Watching his missile land not on target, the pair aimed up the steep incline. "Damn! Missed!"

Falling in front of Maverick, he gave me the nod that I could take the shot. Aiming on Phoenix and Bob. I yelled. "That's tone!"

"Ghost has missile lock on us." Bob notified Phoenix.

"Shit, we're dead." Phoenix and Bob steered off the course.

"Blue team! That's a fail! Level out coyote!" Maverick ordered, as I gained a sudden twist in my stomach. Watching as he kept going up. "Coyote, do you copy?"

"Shit! Mav! He is in G lock!" I yelled in panic, increasing my speed after him. Watching his aircraft start to drop and aim for the ground beneath us. I exclaimed at the top of my lungs. "Coyote! Coyote!"

"He's going to burn in!" Phoenix said panicked.

"Ghost!" Maverick called after me, as I didn't listen. My focus was on Coyote.

"Come on, give me tone, give me tone." I spoke to myself, aiming on Coyote. A small amount of relief came out of me, hearing the buzz. "Snap out of it, Coyote! Come on!" I screamed, hearing Siri in his aircraft start to yell at him to pull up. "Damn it! Coyote! Coyote!" I continued to exclaim, my heart sank to my ass as I watched his aircraft pull up.  Levelling out, safely.

"Coyote, you ok? You ok?" Maverick and I asked him in unison.

"I'm ok, I'm good." Coyote replied, with a loss of breath.

"Good, good. Ghost? You ok?" Maverick doubled check, as I came up beside him. Sinking into my seat.

"Yeah, I'm alright." I told him.

"Good good, that's enough for today." Maverick announced as the sun began to set behind the mountain range. Phoenix and Bob, popped up behind Maverick and I.

"That was close." She said as I sighed heavily.

"Too close." I replied to her, my eyes quickly widened. Watching a flock of bird come at us, I yelled. "Bird strike!" Watching as a bird went into my right engine, my heart rate rose as the engine alerted to be down.

"Bird strike!"

"Bird strike!" Maverick and Phoenix yelled, as Birds hit there aircraft's. It took them a second to realise what was going on.

"Right engines on fire!" I announced. "Climbing!" I pulled up, moving away from them. "Throttling back, shutting off fuel to right engine. Extinguishing fire." I gulped as left engine went aswell. Only if I could land without an engine, knowing I could land back on base with at least one. This wasn't my day.
"Left engine is out! It's still spinning, trying to restart!"

"Ghost! It's on fire! Don't start-!" Maverick called out to me.

"Throttling up!" As I pulled my aircraft up, my aircraft's weight went front on, making the aircraft start to nose dive into a spiral. "Shit, I am on fire! God damn it!"

"Ghost! God damn it! Punch out! Punch out!" Maverick ordered.

"Eject! Eject!" I called out, pulling on my lever. My seat shot out of my aircraft, my parachute coming out. I placed my hand on my chest, settling my rapid heart rate as I watched my aircraft blow up into a ball of flames.