Surely, She Isn't That Scary.

Time to show what you are made of, sun shining down on my head, kissing my skin. Aviators on and a slicked back bun, to be able to put my helmet on comfortably. I walked over to my aircraft, pack in hand as I heard a voice calling out behind me.

"Hey Ghost!" I stopped in my tracks, turning to face Hangman catch up with me.

"What do you want, darling?" I raised an eyebrow up at him, he smirked. Amused on how I mocked him.

"Wanted to say, I think we didn't start on the right foot. Good luck up there, don't miss me to much." He winked as he took a couple steps back.

"Wouldn't dream of it." I looked him up and down, watching his mouth gap slightly open. I looked past him, seeing Maverick and Rooster talking. As Rooster walked off from Maverick, Maverick spotted me. Calling out.

"Lieutenant Kanzansky!"

"Duty calls." I smiled at Hangman, brushing past him as I headed towards Maverick. "Yes, sir?" I questioned.

"How are you Freya?" He asked as I sighed.

"Never better, what can I do?"

"I would like your help with this activity, your performances in the F-18. I want you to help me test the other pilots. What do you say?" He proposed with a smile, returning a smirk. I nodded.

"Let's go Captain."

When I tell you the adrenaline kick is like no other in the pilot seat, I am not lying to you. Flying through from a distance to the group, starting off with Rooster, Payback and Fanboy. Maverick sat under them, hovering. As the rest of the team was back on base, listening into us via radio.

"Good morning aviators! This is your captain speaking, welcome to basic fighter manoeuvres. As briefed, todays exercise is dog fighting. Guns only, no missiles." Maverick begun as I latched my oxygen mask to my helmet. "We do not go below the hard deck of 5,000 feet. Working as a team, you have to shoot ghost down, or else." I smiled evilly to myself, excited for this exercise and the fun I am about to have.

"Or else what, sir?" Payback questioned as I spoke up.

"Or else, I shoot back." As the boys in the air made Oooo sounds, mocking how scary Ghost was being portrayed. Back on base, Phoenix, Bob and Hangman sat closely to the radio. Hearing Maverick add.

"If Ghost shoots either one of you down, you both lose." Sitting down with a rubber F-18 in his hands, Hangman said.

"Surely, she isn't that scary." Making Phoenix give him a glare of warning, he had no idea the sort of pilot her dear friend was.

"What we say we put some skin in the game?" Payback suggested.

"What do you have in mind?" Maverick and I questioned.

"Whoever gets shot down first, has to do 200 push ups." Payback announced the idea, hearing Rooster say annoyed.

"Guys."

"That's a lot of push ups." Mav replied.

"I'm in." I said as the boys cheered.

"They don't call it an exercise for nothing, sir." Fanboy giggled.

"You've got yourselves a deal gentlemen, fights on." Maverick announced. "Ghost?" Maverick questioned as the started to make my way to them from below, shifting gears as I aimed up to come through at a side angle.

"Fanboy, do you see her?" Rooster asked.

"Nothing on radar, up ahead. She must be somewhere behind us." Fanboy replied, as I quietly slipped in between them. Spooking the boys as their aircraft's rolled to the side, hearing them hell shit! What the hell!

 Spooking the boys as their aircraft's rolled to the side, hearing them hell shit! What the hell!

"Howdy boys!"