Not That Fast!

"Guys, you're falling behind. You guys really need to get a move on!" I told the boys, bending through tree lines.

"Ghost is right, if we don't increase our speed right now, those bandits are going to be waiting for us when we reach the target!" Payback added. Hearing Rooster mutter oh so slightly under his breath, I sighed heavily. Praying to the skies above for my dad to get Goose to get his son moving.

"Come on, Roost, you can do it." I encouraged him. Looking down at my Nav, I smiled to myself as I watched Roosters aircraft pick up some speed to catch up. "That's it!" I cheered.

"Jesus, Rooster. Not that fast!" Payback called out to him, chasing.

"Alright, let's go." Rooster said to his part of the team.

"Whoa, Rooster! Take it easy!" Fanboy exclaimed, but I wasn't worried. I knew Payback could keep up with Rooster, sighing heavily. The plan was back on track.

Weaving through the cracks in the valley, I looked down at my timer and map. "30 seconds to target!" I announced. "Bob, check your lazar." I ordered.

"Air to burrow check complete, lazar code verified. 1688, lazar is a go." Bob replied, giving myself a small nod. Moving along, I alerted Bob and Phoenix.

"Stand by for pop up strike."

"Dagger 3 in position." That's my girl. Coming to the incline, that had an opening between the snowy mountains and tree line. I spoke up, letting Phoenix and Bob get ready.

"Popping in 3...2...1." Pulling up, feeling all the pressure in my body rush through. I clenched my jaw to help maintain my focus, using all my strength to manage the steady ride. Breaching to the top, letting out a groan as I flipped over. Heading down the inner of the canyon, Phoenix kept close as we steadied back to our original position. My eyes locked onto the target, my heart beating out of my chest.

"Bob! Get me eyes on that target." I begged.

"Dagger 3, standby Ghost." Bob begun, hearing him grunt from the downward force we were going.

"Come on Bob, you've got this!" I reassured him, you could hear the stress in my voice.

"Standby!.. I've got it! Capture!" He cheered, locking my aim that he had marked. I smiled to myself at how perfect the aim was.

"Atta boy! Target acquired, bombs away!" Releasing the missiles from my aircraft, Phoenix and I punched it. Speeding up, we started the route to coffin corner. Pushing forward to increase speed, I felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. The air struggling to circulate through my body, I swallowed hard as I looked down at my nav. Keeping the aim on the target, waiting for the perfect timing. Bob yelled.

"We've got impact!" Watching the target light up, forcing the earth to move from the impact of the explosion. "Direct hit! Direct hit!"

"Dagger 2, status." I asked for.

"Almost there, ghost, almost there." Rooster replied. Hearing there come down to release the second part of the missiles, my head felt block. Hearing the boys in panic, I couldn't make of what they were saying. It was as if they were talking underwater, looking at my Gs increasing. I gulped heavily, coming closer to the opening of the mountain.

Welcome to Coffin Corner.