Chapter 96

Chapter 96

    "No."

    Lao Li refused too bluntly, making everyone stunned for a moment.

    Ni Xinyue couldn't believe it: "You didn't hesitate for a second?!"

    Lao Li stood up to the last second when the tide of corpses came for the sake of the people in the village. Seeing that Ni Xinyue and the others were entangled by zombies, she didn't have the heart to leave them behind. She gave up the chance to return to the village and ran back to help. Such a person...

    "This is the rule in the village."

    Lao Li mentioned again, and he sat on the ground against the wall. He fumbled in his trouser pockets and found a pack of cigarettes. Just as he was about to pour out one, he realized that there were still pregnant women on the field. He stroked his fingertips several times as if to relieve his addiction, and then put the pack back.

    "Bringing one person back is to increase the risk for the whole village. I just want to protect our own village."

    Ni Xinyue: "But..."

    Lao Li knew what Ni Xinyue was going to say and waved his hand: " You are helping me. In return, she can live here forever. You are leaving. When I am on patrol, I will come over to take a look and bring some food. But no matter how much I help, I can’t help Who dares to think about giving birth to a child. It’s at this time, whether you can live or not depends on your own life.” “…”

    Lao Li looked at Sun Mianxin and pointed to her stomach, feeling both emotional and helpless, "If you open your eyes and see this world, children will be very disappointed."

    These words silenced everyone present.

    Ni Xinyue didn't know what to say, put the dinner in front of Lao Li, and walked to the next door.

    Sun Mianxin stared down at the tip of her shoes from the beginning to the end, her brows and eyes were silent, as if this topic had nothing to do with her.

    Yuan Meng looked at her, perhaps because Yu Xin couldn't bear to be too obvious in her eyes. Sun Mianxin smiled at her and said, "It's okay, I have a place to go."

    She didn't say where to go.

    This topic did not continue.

    When Ni Xinyue came back, she came with Qiu Shu and Qiao Siyu. Each person distributed a bowl of noodles. Everyone found a corner and chewed the food quietly. On the street, there were the roars of zombies and the scraping of cars.

    This sound continued until late at night.

    The occasional abnormal noise made it difficult for everyone to fall asleep, and they took turns monitoring the situation on the street.

    When Ji Zhiling came to change Lao Li's shift, it was dawn. The room smelled of cigarettes.

    Lao Li's eyes were bloodshot, as if he had been staring at him for a long time. The pack of cigarettes in his pocket has now been exhausted, and there are cigarette butts lying on the ground at his feet.

    "There are zombies crawling in from the roof of the car." Lao Li stared at the direction of the alley entrance. A lot of gray stubble appeared on his chin overnight. "But there are only a few of them. There should be no problems in the village." Ji

    Shiling Did not speak.

    There are many small roads connecting the food street and the village, and they blocked the one in front of them, which does not mean that other roads are also blocked.