000, Prologue.

Atula should've seen this coming

Jake wanted nothing to do with her.

She was a complication thrown into his plans, a person who he knew would irritate him from days on end.

But, Jake also knew his children needed a mother — needed someone to protect them when Jake no longer could.

However, this conversation was full of negative words and was rage-filled.

Nothing but anger consumed Atula.

The conversation had been to aggravating for Atula to keep her calm.

Jake could see that as well, from the way Atula ran her three-fingers through her braided locks and how her amber eyes didn't move to meet Jake's.

Atula felt this need to hurt him, hurt him the way Jake had hurt her.

"You cannot do this! You cannot take this away from me..." Atula yelled at Jake.

All he could do was roll his eyes in response, finding that Atula wasn't understanding him.

"I do not wish to bond with you, Atula," Jake repeated himself, only causing Atula to puncture her palms with her own fingernails.

Hot ait fell harshly from her nose as she tried to calm herself down.

"You don't see it, do you? You have learned our ways for many years, and still do not understand!" Atula wanted to cry but decided to hold her strong guard.

Bonding was one of the most important parts of the Na'vi culture.

Atula didn't want was this

An arranged, and forced, marriage between herself and Jake.

The children were the only reasoning for Atula agreeing to marry Jake.

They needed a mother.

"I know nothing could ever happen between us, Jake. We both know I am only doing this for the children, those are who I love," Atula began to talk before sitting on the ground.

Jake watched with furrowed brows.

"But not bonding with me? Taking away the one thing I have been waiting for, my whole life," Atula had finished her rant.

"Creating tsaheylu feels like I'm takin' that away from Neytiri. I don't want that," Jake explained.

"What about me? You are being selfish," Atula responded with watery eyes.

Jake flinched at the sadness growing across her expression, but he didn't feel enough for Atula to truly care: "You are being selish."

Atula gasped, lowering her head to the ground before slowly nodding. Was she being selfish?

"The bond is too sacred, too physical for you and I when we hold nothing for one another," Jake said before Atula's body shook as she let out a sob.

He watched as she cried, stepping closer. A lump formed within his throat before he swallowed it harshly, opening his mouth to speak again: "I am sorry, Atula."

She nodded, trying to understand. Bonding was reserved for Neytiri, no matter how hard she would beg Jake, he wouldn't cave to give it to her. "What about children? Would you at least give me children?" Another proud thing Atula looked towards, having biological children.

Jake nodded in agreement. He wasn't going to create tsaheylu with her, but he could give her children. "Yes, yes. If that is what you want," He repeated before she softly smiled at him, blinking her tears away.

"Thank you," She whispered, her throat hurting to even speak loudly.