024, Funeral.

No mother should have to bury their child

No father should have to bury their child.

It was something that felt unnatural, so heartbreaking to Atula.

She glanced down at Neteyam's still body, knowing he'll be going home when they bury him. The place he has wanted to return to since they arrived to Awa'atlu.

He can finally rest in the heart of Eywa.

The night was dark, the water was cold but the soft glow of the torches lit up the area as Metkayina's stood to accompany Neteyam's funeral.

Atula's hand held onto Neteyam's body, pain seeping into every inch of her. This should've never happened, Neteyam deserved so much more than this.

He deserved all the wonderful moments all Na'vi look towards, he deserved a happy life.

Jake placed his hand atop Atula's squeezing her fingers between his, allowing her to drop her head onto his chest as she cried out.

The more deeper Neteyam went towards the ground, the more real it felt.

Sirona wiggled in Atula's arms, almost like she wanted to go with Neteyam. How could she understand? She was only a baby, she didn't know her older brother had died.

"I want to go see him now..." Atula said, her throat hurting from crying.

Jake shushed her, holding tightly onto Atula's body as he moved her into a hug.

Lo'ak swam towards his parents, seeing Atula like this broke him.

She was always so happy, trying to seem everything was fine for them. "Mama," Tuk said sadly as she also swam towards them all.

Atula thought about how Tuk didn't get to say goodbye. She didn't get to say goodbye to the person she looked up to the most, how she was going to miss the caring love from her brother.

"It is okay, TukTuk," Atula replied before dragging Lo'ak and Tuk into their hug, Jake's arms immediately falling around Lo'ak's shoulders and holding onto Tuk's back.

Kiri and Spider swam to them, lodging themselves into the hug also.

"Everything is going to be okay," Atula managed to spill her words from her heartbreak.