014, Return.

( One Month Later
Eight Months Pregnant )

( One Month LaterEight Months Pregnant )

"Kiri, you cannot hide away in here..." Atula told her daughter, running a soft hand through her hair before Kiri groaned.

Kiri pushed Atula's hand away, curling back into a ball because she wanted to be alone.

But, Atula was growing worried.

Kiri hadn't stepped out of the pod much, only when Tuk dragged her alongside her adventurers within Awa'atlu. "You are safe here, Ma'Ite," Atula told Kiri, holding onto her arm.

"I know I am, mom," Kiri mumbled against the arm that covered her knee, slowly greeting Atula's warm eyes.

Atula understood Kiri's pain.

Kiri never be able to see her mother, Grace, again. Atula couldn't imagine how wrecked she would be without greeting Pa'nu again.

"Kiri, Mama!" Tuk's shouts could be heard as she ran into the pod, immediately pulling at Kiri and Atula's arms.

Atula chuckled, picking Tuk up into her arms before taking Kiri's hand and stepping from the pod. "Come on," Tuk urged them, watching as their faces dropped whilst Tulkun's splashed within the water.

Atula heard Kiri's chuckle, how she had missed that sweet laughter. "We're coming, Tuk," Atula said, realising how fast Tuk was dragging them closer to the water.

Jake was below them, holding onto skimwing before allowing Atula to climb on with him.

His hand settled on her thigh, knowing these animals were much powerful than ilu's, before diving below that water to watch the scene.

The Tulkun's had matching ink with their brothers, or sisters. The whole appearance of this made Atula happy, her hand fell to Jake's that held her leg, tightening her fingers around his thumb.

That was when they rode by Ronal's.

She waved Atula to come over, Jake obliged those orders.

"Sister, this is Atula," Ronal used her hands to speak, Atula waving at the Tulkun. "Her baby is strong, too," Ronal replied to Roa, knowing she had asked how Atula's baby was also.

"I see you," Atula told Roa, knowing only little words of the sign language.

Atula swam back to Jake, knowing that she needed some air before they broke the surface.

Jake smiled down at her, complete admiration explored his body. "Nothing like this would've happened at home," Atula said, filling her lungs back up with air.

"I know," Jake said. They couldn't tell stories to their ikran's, they couldn't talk back so it would be heard to convey a conversation with them.

Atula's head rested against Jake's back, watching from above as the Metkayina's bonded, once again, with their Tulkun's.

It was a beautiful sight.

The Metkayina people were extremely happy to have their spirit siblings back, to talk to them and update them on their life.

Watching as Kiri and Tuk swam with Rotxo's Tulkun, how Neteyam swam in circles around all of their large bodies, or Lo'ak watching Tsireya from afar as she bonded with her spirit sister.

Their children seemed to be enjoying themselves, and Atula couldn't wait until she birthed their little girl to experience this too.