000, Instinct.

Jake's instincts were mostly right

But, his instincts towards Atula were always right.

She protested against Jake's decision to make her stay at him, protect the children and help them with their needs.

So, it didn't shock him when he saw Atula flying in the air — bow raised strongly as she flung her arrows into the Sky-people's bodies.

He wanted to be proud of her, but she disobeyed his direct orders.

"Fall in..." Jake said into his comm.

He watched as Atula's ears twitched to the simple sentence, bottom lip latching between her teeth because she knew what she had done.

Telling Hetu to land, she watched as Bob flew somewhat seconds behind.

"Ma'Jake, I'm sorry, I just—" Atula's words were cut off with a grunt after Jake threw his heavy body into her grasp.

She felt his hands wrap around her back, chin resting against the top of her head.

Confusion fell quickly over Atula.

"You didn't get hurt, right? None of them bastards touched you?" Jake asked before checking over her sapphire flesh, looking for any injuries.

"No, no, I am okay..." Atula replied with a smile, hand holding onto Jake's jaw.

He began to worry, "Don't do this shit again. When I tell you stay home, stay home. You got it? Put me through so much stress."

Atula couldn't help but chuckle at his words — at his worry.

All she wanted to do was help with the raid, the raid that was declared successful as all the Na'vi's began their journey home.

"I'm sorry, Jake. I didn't mean to scare you," Atula replied to him, leaning her forehead against his, "You aren't going to lose me."

She could promise that.

He had already lost so many people close to him: Tom, Grace, Trudy, Tsu'tey, Neytiri, Neteyam...

Jake couldn't lose Atula, too.

"I will not leave you," Atula repeated.

Jake blinked his tears away, leaning his head forwards until the tip of their flattened noses were touching. "I don't wanna lose you..." Jake admitted before pressing his lips against hers.

Atula savoured in the feeling, tilting her head and slightly opening her mouth to allow Jake more access.

The few, salty tears that fell from Jake's eyes melted into the kiss.

The aching burn in their lungs didn't stop them either, continuing on this affection Atula had waited many years for.

Jake breathed in her floral scent, knowing he'll never have to miss it forever.

"Perhaps..." Atula pulled away from Jake, allowing their lungs air, "We should get back to the children."

Jake nodded before moving towards Bob, but not without another peck to Atula's lips.

Atula mounted Hetu, flying next to Jake as they made their way home.