Chapter 19 - Kiss

The plan was that after school on Thursday, Stacy would take us to Alesha's restaurant and there Alex would meet Alesha, Jack, Maddie, Rai and Jason.

I wasn't exactly sure what too make of this, but the others seemed very keen on the idea. They seemed to like me, an odd warmth filled my being and for the entire time that I was there I couldn't stop smiling.

When I looked at the time, '5:47pm' I realised that I should probably get going back to Ace before he started to worry about me. I didn't want him to come here, as weird as that sounded too me I felt as if he would somehow ruin everything, and I had no idea why.

"Hey guys, it was really nice to meet you, but I have to get back home now-" Breath left my body as Maddie ran into me and threw her arms around my waist.

She looked up at me, her eyes brimming with tears, "please don't go, Nathan. I like you too much for you to go!"

As I struggled to get oxygen into my lungs, I smiled at her and tried to escape her grasp, but to my dismay, she clung to me even tighter and buried her - now wet - face into my hoodie.

Rai chuckled and prised her off of me, Maddie started kicking but Rai started to tickle her and she laughed but then looked angry at herself for doing so.

Maddie clung to Rai when she was put down on the ground again and Rai reached in for a brief hug, "it was nice to meet you, Nathan. We'll see you next Thursday with Alex," she smiled at me and dragged Maddie away from me.

Jason didn't hug me, and I was glad he didn't as I would not know what to do, I felt like I wouldn't sink into it like I did with Alex, also Alex told me that hugs were only between friends, were these people close enough for me to consider them as friends?

There's that word again. Friends. Alex only sees you as a friend. And he's probably only saying that because he feels sorry for you.

Jason gripped my arm in some sort of handshake and I clumsily did the same, he seemed to see my struggle and he chuckled, "I see that you're gonna need some practise," I nervously smiled back at him and he gave me an easy grin, "it was nice to meet you, Nathan. I'll be seeing you again on Thursday."

Stacy's phone buzzed and she read it quickly, "I have to get back now!" She looked at me in an apologetic way, "Nathan, I can't walk you back, I'm so sorry! I have to get back now, like right now! My piano teacher is on her way, and I can't be late, not again!"

Stacy seemed to start to be tearful so I started to panic, "it's okay! Really! You don't have to walk me back, I think I know my way from here."

"Why doesn't Jack walk him back?" Alesha piped up, I turned to her and saw her wink in Jack's direction, "Jack doesn't mind, do you Jack?"

"Nope, Jack doesn't mind," Jack responded, "in fact, Jack likey!"

Alesha smiled and put an arm around Stacy, "come on then, sister, you wouldn't want to anger your dad! Run back home!"

Stacy smiled at Alesha and pushed her away, laughing, she turned to Jack and pointed at him, "behave," she warned in a strict tone.

Jack saluted, "yes, ma'am."

Stacy shot him a look before saying goodbye and scurrying out the door.

Alesha glanced at the clock, "shit, the restaurant opens soon. You all best leave before I have the right to yell at you, you do not like me when I'm angry."

It seems that she wasn't joking because Jason, Rai and Maddie left pretty quickly after that.

Alesha pushed me and Jack out of the door and then lead us outside where the sun was beginning to set, "it was nice to meet you, Nate. Is it alright if I call you Nate?"