Chapter 21 - Hands

When I woke up the next day, I was surprised that I had managed to get to sleep with the amount of nerves in my stomach and I was shocked to find that I had received a text over night and I hadn't even known.

I opened the text with a racing heart to find it was only from Stacy.

"Heyy, sorry about texting you so late, sorry if i woke u up! Anyway, i'm really sorry! I asked Alex if he was free on Sat so i knew what time the party should start and end but i think he caught on to me :( he's sharper then he makes out to be, not that i think he's stupid or anything! Anyway, sorry about revealing our surprise to him :( the party will still be great! Anyway, how was the meet up with Jack and Alex? Did they get along? When should we all meet up with Alex? Sometime soon, if that's alright with you?"

Today was Friday, which meant that the weekend was around the corner and I had no plans at all. I sent her a rapid reply, giving vague details on the meet-up between Alex and Jack, and accepting her apology.

"Hey, it's okay, he is smarter then he looks (although oblivious sometimes XD) so it's not your fault. Jack and Alex were fine, I'm free this weekend and I'm pretty sure Alex is, do you want to introduce the others to Alex then? :)"

It was 6:26 according to the clock on my phone, which meant that I had more than an hour to get ready.

I walked to the bathroom and took a long shower listening to a playlist on my phone - though I had to turn the volume down so that Ace didn't wake up - I was slightly sluggish but listening to Blacklisted Me while lathering my hair with soap relaxed me and energised me at the same time.

Feeling refreshed, I got changed into some jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt, only it seemed that all of my jeans were dirty so I had to throw on a pair of jeans I had thrown into my bag which were one size too small, so that meant it looked like I was wearing a pair of seriously skinny jeans. But since it was the last day before the week ended, I simply shrugged and walked into the kitchen.

I knew that I would have to talk to Ace about moving back into my own house for a bit. I would tell him so that I could spend a few days with my dad but in reality I needed time away from Ace. I needed to know more about Ace but I feared knowing the truth. This scared me more than anything, even more than what Alex wanted to tell me next Saturday.

Ace wasn't awake yet so I ate my cereal in silence and left the bowl on the side, I then walked back to my room and checked my phone. Stacy had replied.

"Good morning! I had no idea that Alex could be oblivious! I need to get to know him more then. I'm glad you accepted my apology :) yay! Saturday's fine for me! We should all meet at Alesha's house, she has her own house because she could afford one with the money from her restaurant and all. Should I meet you and Alex at The Espresso at 12:00? Then I can walk you down to Alesha's and he can meet the others? Is that alright?"

I texted back immediately, "that sounds awesome. I'll check if he's free."

I hesitated before texting Alex but then decided that this was all for him after all, "hey :). Stacy wants to introduce you to her friends from outside of school tomorrow. She says she'll meet us at The Espresso at 12:00 and take us to her friends house."

I didn't get a response and I didn't expect one. Even though I didn't expect one my heart sank a little.

Stacy texted back but I didn't read it.

I put my socks on and then threw a hoodie on, and when I had finished putting my shoes on I heard Ace's bedroom door begin to open. I threw the front door open, ran through it and slammed it behind me. I didn't want to talk to him.