Jack's Anti-Christmas Party AU

"So what are you hoe's doing for Christmas?" Jack asked out of nowhere with a hint of disdain in his voice.

It was Friday evening and - as usual - we had all crashed at Alesha's place to kick off the weekend and for Winter break, which in itself was a reason to celebrate. Jack was sitting next to Maddie and attempting to braid her hair while she sat in the lap of her older sister, Rai, who was tapping on her Android with her long witch-like nails. Jason had moved from the single couch and now sat in the middle of Alesha and Stacy to stop Alesha from attacking Stacy with pictures on her laptop - which had failed entirely as now Jason had the misfortune to witness whatever the hell Alesha was showing Stacy.

Alex and I were sitting on the double couch and he was trying to beat my high score on Flappy Bird while I was putting him off by making noises that consisted of shrill shouts of: "Die!" "Bam!" And, "you suck!"

Jack popped that particular question simply because Alesha had added several Christmas songs to her music playlist and All I Want For Christmas began to play its familiar first notes.
I paused in my distraction and took the time to realise that, yes, it was Christmas in a week and I hadn't even figured out where I was going to get the money to buy people things let alone what I was supposed to be getting them.

"Well, I suppose we're going to have to do what we usually do," Jason said in a deadpan voice while rolling his eyes. Alesha shoved him and I stifled a laugh as I saw Stacy's expression as she got squished into the corner of the couch.

"Ugh, please no, it's so depressing," Rai added, looking up from her Android - which she sports and shows off regularly to prove that she is 'not like every other generic, bleach blonde, playboy cheerleader in the country'.

"Why? What do you usually do?" I asked, but my concentration broke when I heard the familiar sound of a demented bird smacking into the pole.

"Damn," I heard Alex mutter under his breath and I broke into laughter, "hey!" He said indigently, poking me with his big toe.

"Well, if you weren't too busy fraternising with each other, chaps," Jack used an English accent to enunciate his sarcasm, but I saw how he was eyeing us and he gave me a look that I had learned to read that said: "Get a room." I rose an eyebrow at him and he smirked. I refused to look at Alex.

"Anyway, usually we enjoy each other's profound company in an exciting exchange of engaging and tactful activities that involve diligence and patience - so that we are surrounded by the delightful sounds and thoughts of insightfulness that block out the slander and narcissistic, moronic trash that the media loves to force upon us in this particular holiday season," Jack finished with a dramatic sniff.

Silence settled upon us while I tried to decode whatever the hell Jack just said.

Alex spoke for me, "um... Translation please?"

Rai laughed and Alesha cackled, Maddie tugged her hair out of Jack's hand and shot him a dirty look as her hair could only be described as a nest.

"We sit around and play board games," Stacy explained with a strained smile on her face - she saw our faces, "believe me, it's as painful as it sounds."

"Bitch!" Jack retaliated by throwing a cushion at her face, which was thrown rather lazily and ended up in Jason's hand as he caught it and threw it back at Jack - rather harshly.

"That is what you get for pain-filled Christmas'," Jason laughed as Jack responded by putting his middle finger up at Jason.

"Why do you play board games?" I asked, not believing that bright and bubbly Jack spent the festive season playing board games with his best friends instead of celebrating by throwing a party like, well, normal people. Then again, we weren't exactly 'normal' and that's what I liked about us.