Chapter Fifteen - Terrible Day

TW - hallucinations, only mentions of death

Tanjiro's pov

I walked into the room to see Muichiro on my bed cuddling with both cats. "So? Did you come up with the names already?" I asked while drying my hair.

He grabbed the small cat into his arms and quietly said "pinecone"

I giggled "pinecone?"

"Mhm.. it's cute.. my little pinecone" he smiled and let the cat rest on his tummy while rubbing its head.

"It is cute yea" I said and laid the towel on my chair before sitting down next to him "did you enjoy it today?"

"Yea! I really did! I haven't had this much fun in a while" he replied and hugged me around my waist. I smiled and patted his head. "I am glad," I replied.

I laid down on my bed next to him and he looked at me with a smile, laying his head on my chest and wrapping his arms around my waist "this feels nice.. let's stay like this a bit longer"

I felt myself blush once again as I wrapped my arms around him. I gently ran my fingers through his hair as he snuggled more into my chest.

"Hey Tanjiro.."

"Yes?"

"Yuichiro's hospital bills came and ehm.. I don't have enough money.."

I smiled and patted his head.

"Don't worry about that Mui, I'll talk to my mother about it"

"But.. it's already enough that I stay here.. I don't want to bother her with anything more.."

I felt his mood worsen. I didn't want him to be sad so I pulled him up and hugged him tightly "no more being sad on your birthday"

"Smile~" I said and grabbed his cheeks, making him smile. He giggled and smiled "thank you, Tanjiro" he wrapped his arms around my neck and snuggled closer.

"I wanna stay like this.. can I sleep next to you again tonight? If you don't mind?"

"Of course, I don't mind" I pulled a blanket over both of us and turned off the lamp. "Pinecone, come here," Muichiro said, wrapping his cat in his hands and laying it next to him.

"You will actually call if pinecone?"

"Yes," Muichiro replied simply and giggled.

Next day

"Are you sure you are feeling well? You are pale" I asked once again while me and Muichiro walked into the class.

"I am fine.. just didn't sleep much today" he replied and rubbed his eyes. "You could have stayed at home, you can go home if you want"

"No no, it's okay" he replied and forced a small smile.

Muichiro's pov

When we sat in class I just stared down at my desk, tapping my finger aggressively on it, being slightly difficult for me to breathe.