Chapter 13

A few hours go by. Dave finished cooking his lasagna for the dinner of the night.

Kurt is awake. Sober and wearing his striped PJ set. Quietly eating the lasagna in front of him.

Krist decided to stay the night tonight. Just so he can make sure Kurt is really okay.

The bandmatesof nirvana ate in silence. It was a tense silence. Suddenly Kurt spoke up.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. The two looked over at the now red headed male.

Dave was about to object the apology but Kurt contuined. "No, I'm dumb. I shouldn't have stayed with her. I'm calling her after dinner and breaking up with her. I just - can't do it anymore."

Krist glanced at Dave. Dave felt a smile rise to his face but he quickly made it fade.

He responded, "oh Kurt. Do you really want to make this decision..? It was a one night stand between us. I didn't mean to get in the way of your relationship with her." Dave says worriedly, he actually felt bad.

Kurt gets up. Grunting softly as he went over to the phone. "you didn't Dave, don't worry." He responded with.

Dave felt his heart flutter at those reassuring words. He looked down. Playing with this food as he listened to the phone call that occured.

"Courtney? Hi! It's Kurt." Kurt greeted into the phone. His face expressed seriousness and depression.

"Hi, Kurt.", Courtney greeted on the other line. But a strangers voice in the background asking. "who's that?"

It's a males voice. I guess Courtney already moved on. Kurt cleared his throat.

"I can't..be with you anymore." Kurt hesitantly says in the phone. His eyes beginning to fill up with tears. "Im, so sorry." He apologized.

Even Courtney felt a pain in her heart as she replied. "Oh sweetheart, don't worry about me. I've already moved on.. if you really want a relationship with David than go right ahead."

Kurt felt relieved. Meanwhile Dave walked passed Kurt with two empty plates.

Leaving Kurt's half eaten meal just in case if he was still hungry on the kitchen dining table.

Krist is in the living room. Deciding to look through the VHS tapes to see what he can play for all three to watch.

Dave went over. Noticing Kurt was beginning to cry. The drummer kissed Kurt's shoulder before leaving the room.

He needed Kurt to do this.

Alone.