Chapter 14

"you're not mad at me..?" Kurt asks. Voice full of worry in the phone call. Courtney responded. "I was mad at you at the start. But I realized something."

"What?" Kurt croaked out. Lowering his head to look at the ground. His red hair curtaining over his teary face.

"I had a feeling you were gay when we first began dating. You even said you were gay when we started." Courtney informed.

"It was a joke-" Kurt got interupted by the woman. "Joke or not, the feelings still amerged in that heart of yours. Kurt. Besides, I wasn't really in love with you."

Kurt felt his heart break. Tears rolling down his cheeks. "what..?" He croaked out.

"I'm so sorry, Kurt. It was all a lie. Our relationship was just a spiral of heroin and sex. I used you and I'm sorry." Courtney Love says Into the phone.

Kurt went wide eyed. His hand trembling as he kept a grip on the phone.

"So what we had..? Meant nothing?" He croaked out. Courtney heartbrokenly responded, "No, Cobain."

Kurt gripped the phone as he held his tears back. "Whatever! Fuck you! I never want to see you, again!"

Courtney sighed. "Kurt, baby. Listen to me for a moment." She spoke into the phone. Kurt's heart is so confused.

Courtney contuined to speak. "What I mean was. I did love you at the beginning. But I lost feelings for you after a little while. Kurt, I knew you love Dave from the start of us dating. But I stayed because I wanted you to stay happy."

Kurt sniffled as he mumbled. "You know I love, Dave..?" He asks. Courtney hummed. "Mhm."

"And keeping me happy was to be with you..? Im so fucking confused!" Kurt screamed into the phone.

Dave and Krist heard the phone call from the living room. Dave felt a weight in his heart.

"He loves me..?" Dave muttered softly as he looks at Krist. Krist nodded his head. "I guess so, man."

Meanwhile,

"Kurt, listen. I wanted to provide you with much happiness as I possibly could. Even if it was to get you completely high out of your mind, or  you fucking me on my bedroom floor..I just wanted you happy."  Courtney explained.

Kurt hissed in anger as he snapped. "that made me happy for a little while but I just..can't do it anymore!"

"I understand, that. We're through. Broken up. Done." Courtney responded in the phone.

"I love you.." Kurt croaked out. Courtney smiled on the other line as she replied.

"Save those words for Dave, bye."

The phone call ended.