Chapter 08

"Do you love, Courtney?" Dave asks. Staring deeply at the red shades in Kurts freshly 'dyed' hair.

Kurt kept his gaze on the floor. "I do." He mumbled. Lifting his head. Those two words, broke Dave's heart.

"But, you just said..you enjoyed having sex with me." Dave mumbled. Kurt left a little kiss onto Dave's cheek.

"It was a one night stand, David. I hardly recall any memory of it. I wish I remembered..but that memory can stay with you. I have Courtney, Dave. We both weren't in the right mindset. We were intoxicated by drugs. Okay?" Kurt explained, rubbing Dave's shoulder.

Dave bit his lip. Tears filling his eyes. His long dark hair curtaining his face as he nodded his head.

A knock on the door can be heard.

"Okay." He whispered as he gets up. He walked over to the door. Blinking his tears away as he opened it.

Revealing Krist and Courtney.

Dave lifted his head. "You two are here, early." He mumbled. Courtney crossed her arms.

"Well because I want to see my boyfriend. You got a problem with that?" She snapped.

Dave quickly shakes his head. "Oh no! Haha. No! Come in." He mumbled. Allowing the bassist and Courtney to enter.

Krist whispered into Dave's ear. "Talk with me upstairs about this." Dave nodded his head.

"You two uh, get comfortable..I'll be upstairs." Dave stammered out to the couple that are sitting on the couch.

Dave and Krist went up the stairs. They entered Dave's bedroom. Lightly shutting the door.

"Did you tell him?" Krist asks as he is boredly looking through Dave's CD collection in the corner of the room.

Dave has a cigarette lightened up between his lips. Sitting on his bed. "Yeah..I did." He mumbled.

"What did he say?" Krist asks as he turned his full attention to Dave. The drummer sighed out the white cloud of smoke in his room.

"He said it was a one night stand. He wasn't mad. He wishes he remembered." Dave briefly explained. Flicking some ashes in the mini ash tray on his night stand.

Krist was about to reply but they heard from downstairs a loud females voice shrieking .

"Kurt! Who the hell left those hickeys on you?!" Courtney's voice screamed. It can be heard from the bottom of the stairs.

Dave went wide eyed. "Shit..! Shit." He gets off the bed. Putting the cigarette out as he followed Krist out of the bedroom.

They listened from the top of the steps.Hearing more yelling from the woman.

"Kurt! I can't believe you cheated on me!"

"What!? I didn't cheat on you!" Kurt shouted back. Even though factually, he did.

Then everything switched to the worst. A large slap can be heard. Dave went wide eyed.

Krist and Dave quickly dashed down the stairs. Seeing Kurt holding the side of his face as Courtney contuined to scream in a fit of rage and abusive acts.

She blew punches left and right onto Kurt, screaming at the top of her lungs. "I can't believe this! Dave left those on you, didn't he?! You're a homosexual?! Didn't tell me! Little slut!"

"ENOUGH!" Dave screamed at her and went over. Pulling her away from Kurt. She scoffed and smacked Dave.

Dave turned his head from the impact. Which resulted in Krist stepping in between the two.

"Stop! How about we talk about the situation?!" Krist scolded at the two. Dave's brown eyes looked over, and noticed Kurt is now in the corner of the room.

Visibly scared.

Kurt has himself cornered and literally shaking. Some scratch marks across his face from Courtney. Some bruises forming on his face.

"Dave! I hate you!" Courtney screamed. Which Dave shouted back. "He was high! I was drunk!"

"Oh whatever! Kurt still cheated on me !" Courtney shrieked back. Krist sighed, he went over to where Kurt was cowering in the corner.

He knelt down. "Hey." He whispered. Kurt avoided eye contact. Tears rolling down his face.

"Does she always hit you..?" Krist asks. Sitting down next to Kurt as Courtney and Dave contuined to scream and shout at each other.

Kurt didn't speak. His blue eyes staring at his worn out converse shoes. Krist sets a hand onto Kurt's shoulder. 

"Kurt." Krist muttered. But Kurt got up. Muttering a depressive, "Excuse me." As he quickly went up the stairs.

Courtney screamed up at the shakes. "Kurt! Kurt, babe?! Get over here!" Which Dave shouted back. "Courtney! You fucking abused him!"

"Oh shut up!" Courtney sneered at the drummer of nirvana. Krist went over. "I think it's time for you to, go." He says, narrowing his eyes are the woman.

Courtney raised her hands in defense. Her mascara smeared down across her face. "Not until I have a word with my boyfriend!"

Dave laughed in anger. "You hurt Kurt!" He snapped back. Courtney started to go up the stairs but Krist stopped her.

"No. We want you out of the house. Courtney, leave right now or I'm gonna result in calling the police on you." Krist sneered. His tallness even intimidating the woman.

Courtney quickly picked up her heels, since she took them off when she first entered the home.

Scoffing as she walked out of the house barefoot, she slammed the door shut.