1. ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ

It was a cold night.

I just stared at the body of water in front of me.

The streetlights were dim. Two of the lights were switching on and off.

A soft breeze rustled my hair around.

Dead autumn leaves softly brushed against the street.

There were no cars on this bridge at this time.

The world around me looked scarce.

I heard the muffled sounds of the train station intercom playing a few yards away from where I was standing.

Seeing that there were no people around me relieved me.

No people to bother you.

To hurt you.

Or judge you.

Being alone is a great pleasure.

I sighed. And looked at how softly and slowly the streams of water moved.

Then, disturbing the tranquility I was experiencing, a car was driving fast and abruptly stopped where I was.

That car was definitely not following the speed limit.

"My god! Where the hell were you?! I was so worried. Were you- were you going to take your own life???" My mother screamed while running to me.

She hugged me so tight I thought I was going to suffocate. I'm not kidding.

"No, mom!" I managed to say while out of breath.

"Then why are you here? You didn't even leave a note or text!" My mom said in a rebuttal.

I broke off the hug with the last bit of strength I had.

"I didn't leave a note because I wasn't going to die. I just wanted to be alone." I said.

My mom smiled sadly.

"But that's dangerous for you! You can't be alone." My mom cried.

"But, what if I want to? It makes me feel better." I said quietly. My neck started to heat up, and my eyes started to burn.

My mother didn't know what I was going to do.

"You can't. You have to be safe." My mom whispered.

"No," I said firmly.

And I ran away. My mom screamed my name loudly. But her screams became fainter the more I ran down the bridge and into the woods.

I ran into the woods so my mother wouldn't be able to catch up with me in her car.

I'm not sure what I am going to do after this. Die, or live.

But I am sure that I'm not coming back.

The End.