•Am i happy?•

I open my eyes to bright lights on the ceiling. What happened? The room had some dried out flowers stuck behind the phone, in front of my bed, on the wall. There was a leather couch by the window. I looked down to see that I was in a hospital bed. I really don't remember what happened. I remember telling Mark to get me help. Then everything went dark. How long have I been here? Is Mark okay? What has he been doing? I tried to sit up. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs. It felt like someone stabbed me, right then and there. "Ahhhh! Owww!" I cried out in pain. I laid there for a few minutes, in silence.

After about ten minutes of a silent room, and an empty, wandering mind, someone walks in the door. I don't open my eyes to see who. I heard the footsteps walk my way. I pretended to be asleep. Hear the person set something on the table. Flowers? It sounded crinkly. I hear them sit in the chair, next to my bed. I feel a cold hand grab mine. I just lay there, emotionless.

"Oh, baby. I-" I hear the voice say. I recognize it. Mark. I hear him sigh. "I don't now what to do. I'm so scared. Not for my sake, Jules, but for your sake. I wouldn't blame you if you left me. Ive came to see you everyday, for the past week. I need you to pull through this. Baby, I need you. Please." He sat in silence for a while. I feel cold, teardrops call into my hand. I feel him staring at me. I don't know if I want to talk to him. I love him, but- wait. IVE BEEN HERE FOR A WEEK?! I feel his lips brush mine. He kissed me. Lightly. I hear the pulse thing speed up. Beep beep beep beep. I open my eyes. He had his eyes tightly shut. He looked a mess. His hair was greasy. His clothes we dirty. He had bags under his eyes. His nose was bruised. He opened his eyes and liked at me. "Jules?" He said.

I shut my eyes again. After about three seconds I opened then again. "Mark..." I say, very faintly. It was almost a whisper.

"Baby, I've-" he stopped. "I've missed you."

"What happened?" I asked. I remember some of what happened but I don't remember all that happened. "How long have I been here?"

He told me the whole story. How I got a message from an old friend, to how my ribs got broken.

"Oh." Was all I could manage to say. It all rushed back at me as he told me.

"Jules?" He said.

"Yeah?" I said, still faint as ever.

"Are you happy?" He asked.

My eyes looked down. Was I happy? Am I happy? "I- I dont know. I don't know anymore, Mark. I mean. I love you. I love you so much. And I don't want to lose you. But I'm tired of getting hurt."

He looked down and put my hand, as well as his own, to his forehead. "I hate doing this to you. It's like I can't control myself, Julie. I don't know what's going on with me. It's hard. It's like- " he sighed. "It's like I am happy and nice one minute, then the next, I'm a monster." Tears formed in his eyes.

"Don't cry, mark. Don't cry. I'm okay. See?" I tried to move. But failed. My face cringed, and my ribs began to ache again.

"No you're not. I can tell." He caught my lie. "I'm so so sorry. I'm sorry, Julie. I feel so bad about doing this to you. I lost my temper for no reason..." He trailed off.

"Mark. It's fine. I-" he cut me off.

"No it's not fine. It's not fine at all! I broke your ribs! You were in a coma for a week! All because of me, Julie! Me!" He raised his voice.

"Mark. Don't yell. Please." My heart was racing.

His face relaxed a little. "I just don't want to lose you because of this." He said. "I love you, Julie. I'll be at home." He then walked out the door.

"I love you too. Don't leave me." I whispered to myself.

____________________________________________________

Later that day nurses came and went. I sat there, alone. I watched tv for a little bit. Then I slept. I tried to eat something. I had a jello cup. I even texted Skyla for a while. But, I was alone for about three hours. Then the door came open.a guy with longer blonde hair and tan skin. His shirt was white and he has grey skinny jeans on. I couldn't see his face yet. He hadn't turned around. He has all black, low-top converse on. He turned around. His dark green eyes met mine. He flashed his pearly white smile at me. "Julie." He said. His voice had the perfect tang to it.

"Jake?" I said, in my faint voice.

"Julie! How are you?!" He asked in an excited tone.

"I've- been better but in alright. How did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I talked to Skyla. She told me everything." He said.

"What exactly did she tell you?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"How someone beat you up in an alley, and you were here and that stuff." He said. "Why?"

"Just wanted to know." I said, simply.

"Okay. Well how have you been?!"

"I've been okay. I guess." I said.

"Don't lie to me." He said. "Oh! These are for you!" He said. He handed me a bouquet of flowers.

"They're beautiful, jake!" I said. I smelled them. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." He said. He looked at me for a while. He had a smile on his face the whole time. "So are you with anyone?"

"Yes actually. His name is Mark." I said.

"What's he like?" He asked. "Is he treating my best friend good?"

My eyes dropped. "Well. At times. He-" I began to tear up. "He just-" jake cut me off.

"He what? Is he hurting you? What's he doing?" He asked. His face became very concerned. I raised my bed up so I could sit up a little bit. I then uncovered my shoulder, to show him my scars. i lowered the hospital gown to uncover my shoulder. He covered his mouth.

"Julie-" he paused. "I- I don't know what to say. He's-" Jake was cut off by the door opening. Oh no. As soon as I seen the face, my stomach dropped.

It was Mark.