•Secret•

I was released from the hospital a couple of days after Jake, and I started things. I didn't want to go home to mark. He would beat me again. I just knew it. "J-Jake?" I said. His truck roared, as he shifted his gear.

"Yeah?" He said. His eyes didn't leave the road.

"Are you taking me h-home?" I asked

"Yeah. Why? Do you not want to go home?"

"No. I'm afraid of what will happen."

"Okay. You can crash at my place. It's a small apartment. If you don't mind." He said. He smiled at me.

"That would be grande." I said. I smiled back at him.

He laughed. "Well." He said. We had stopped in a parking spot. A nice building was in front of it. "Here we are. Me casa" he laughed at himself. I fake smiles at him. We got out of the truck. I got my little bit of stuff from the floor of the truck. I walked up next to him with a frown. The streetlights of the parking lot lit up his face.

"You- uhh. You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I'm-im fine." I said.

"You don't look okay." He said. He stood in front of me, stopping me from walking. "You're not okay." I kept looking down at the ground. I felt a lump in my throat. He put his hands on the sides of my arms. I couldn't hold on my sobs anymore. I broke down. He put his arms around me. "Oh Jules. It's okay. Just let it out."

"My life is a mess." I said, between sobs.

"Here lets go inside, princess." He said. He led me inside his apartment. I didn't take the time to inspect it. I had eyes full of tears. I had my face in my hands. I felt Jake put his arms around me. I put my arms around his waist. I cried into his chest. "Jake?," I asked.

"Yes, princess?" He said.

I looked up at him. "Can- can I stay with you. For- for a while?"

"Of coarse. Anything for my princess." He smiled down at me.

"Do you have anything for me to wear?" I asked. I was still in a tank top, and some elastic shorts.

"Yeah. I'll go find something." While he went to the back room, I looked around. He had a a nice white couch. The flat screen tv was on front of it, against the wall. Behind the couch was a rug. Then the small kitchen. It was nice.

"Here you go." He said. He handed me some sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt.

"Thank you." I said. His eyes sparkled in the light. "You're amazing. You know?"

"I know you are." Then he kissed me. I put my arms around his neck.

I broke the kiss by saying, "thank you for letting me stay here."

"You're welcome." He replied.

"I'm going to get ready to go to bed."I said. "Couch for me?"

"Of coarse not. You can have my room. I'll take this couch." He said.

"No no. I couldn't do that. I'll tak-" he cut me off.

"No. It's fine." He said.

"Okay." I said. I smiled. I cleared my throat. "Well I'm gonna."

"Night." He said.

"Night." I said back.
___________________________________________________
**Jake's POV**

I said "night" 'princess.' I thought.

She said night then went into the bedroom.

I sat on the couch, adjusted my pillow. Then I got he blanket front he back of the couch. I soon fell asleep. Knowing that she was safe here.