•You were too stupid to see it•

JULIE'S POV

I yelled his name. He wasn't responding. Tears started running down my face and panic took over me. His eyes rolled back and he began to seize. I held his arms down and put a pillow under his head whike i sobbed loudly. It lasted a couple of minutes. Once he stopped seizing, I grabbed my phone and called 911. They were sending an ambulance. He was going pale. I saw he wasn't breathing. I got an oxygen tank. I got the mask and put it in him and started CPR. I was crying uncontrollably.

"Jake, don't you leave me.. don't leave me. Please!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I blew in his mouth and started back o uncompressing. I could hear the sirens if the ambulance. I check for a pulse. He had a faint heartbeat and faint breath sounds.

I hear the ambulance pull in. Im sitting on the floor crying my eyes out. He's laying there, barely breathing. The medics put him on the stretcher and put him in the back of the ambulance. I climb in the back with him.

"Miss, are you family? You can't be in here if you aren't family." One of the medics said.

"He's.. he's my fiance" I say between my sobs.

They just nod and shut the doors. Then we drive off.

•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•==•=•=•=•=•=•==•=•=•

They took him into the trauma room. I sat in the waiting room crying. I looked up through my tears. People were walking by like it's just a normal day. Which it was for them. I don't even remember what a normal day is anymore.

I looked up to look for a box of tissues. But I didn't see any. I saw mark, sitting in front of me.

"Mark?" I said.

He said nothing. Just sat there staring at me.

"Why are you here?" I said, quietly panicking. The few people in the lobby were staring at me.

Mark stood up. "So this is where you've been. With him.."

I said nothing.

"What makes you think hes better than me? What makes you think you're safe? What makes you think that he's safe?!" He began to yell.

"This is why I left you! When I'm with him, i feel safe! I feel happy! With you, I felt unsafe, sadness, and fear, all the time! I was walking around with bruises and cuts and marks all over me! I couldn't do it anymore!" I started screaming. I backed up as he started to walk towards me.

"Oh, Julie. You were always safe with me. I loved you. We were great together. I-"

I cut him off, "I WAS NEVER SAFE WITH YOU! YOU BEAT ME AND KEPT ME FROM THE PEOPLE I LOVED!" I yelled. I sat down and shut my eyes.

All I heard was, "I loved you but you were too stupid to see it," over and over again.

I covered my ears and rocked back and forth with my eyes shut tight. "Stop it."

"I loved you but you were too stupid to see it."

"Stop it!"

"I loved you but you were too stupid to see it."

I still up and opened my eyes, then yelled, "STOP IT!" But there was no one there. An empty seat, and no mark.

A lady walked up to me, with a very concerned face. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"No." I said, with my head hing low. I looked up and she had a white coat on.

"Who were you yelling at?" She asked me.

"I thought I saw my old abuser..." I said.

"You were abused?" She said.

"Yes. I haven't seen him since the night he came to my fiance's." I said. "They arrested him. He's in jail."

"I see. Why are you here now then?" She asked.

"My fiance, had a seizure and wasn't breathing. He's still in trauma." I put my hand to my face and began to sob again.

The lady hugged me. "It's gonna be okay."

"No it's not. He has cancer." She didn't answer. "I don't know what to do."

"You let God do his work." She said.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome."

A man in green scrubs and a white coat walked over to me. He had thin rimmed glasses and thin brown hair. "Julie?"

"Yes? Is Jake okay? Is going to be okay?"

"He's stable fir how, but we have to admit him and keep him here for at least a few days, unless he crashed again. Hes bit going to get better anytime soon."

I sat down and stared at the floor. "Thank you."

He began to walk away when I stopped him. "Um. Can I see him?"

"Follow me."