•You Bet it is•

JULIES POV

They released me later that day. I went home to grab some clothes and get something to eat.

I took a cab. I walked for a while after leaving the apartment. I felt as if I was being followed.

I looked around to find no one. I laid My bag down and went to turn around. A hand covered my mouth and pulled me back. Another hand held my arms so I couldn't defend myself.

I threw my leg back to try to kick my attacker. I missed and was thrown to the ground, sending my face plunging to the concrete sidewalk. I cried out in pain and tried to roll over to see who it was. I saw brown hair and black pants and shirt. I didn't see a face. They kicked me in my side and back.

I yelled and felt tears run down my face.

"You know what this is for," they said before picking me up and slapping me.

I knew the voice. I opened my eyes to see marks face. "M-m-mark?" I stuttered.

"You bet it is." He shoved me to the ground.

Then I blacked out.

-----------------------------------------------

I woke up to a woman in skinny jeans and a blue tank top shaking me and yelling. I couldn't make out what she said.

I opened my eyes and tried to speak but couldn't.

Mark. Mark! "Mark!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"What?" The woman asked.

"M-my ex... he he he was here." I said.

"There was no one here but you. Are you okay? Do I need to call someone?" She asked in a very concerned voice.

"Um. No. I just need a cab to the hospital. My boyfriend is there."

"Okay." She said. She called a taxi and I rode to the hospital.

I got out and grabbed my bag, Paid the driver, then headed inside.

I went to the bathroom, not looking at anyone. I didn't feel like having people ask me if I'm okay or what happened.

I put my bag on the counter and looked in the mirror. My face was cut and my eye was black. My back had a huge bruise and my ribs were bruised as well.

I sigh and get a wet paper towel and clean the cuts and scrapes. I put some makeup on to hide it a bit. I don't want Jake worrying. My mind started racing with questions.

Why was he there? He was in jail! Just.. my mind raced at the possibility of what happened. Mark.

I got my purse and lent down the hall to Jake's room. He was sleeping with his beanie on.

I sat in the chair. Just staring. Zoned out. Trying not to think.

I saw Jake's eyes open a little. "Morning, cutie." I said.
He turned his head and looked at me.

"Morning, princess." He stretched a little and just looked at me. His smile faded and his eyes narrowed. "princess?"

My cheeks reddened. "Yes?"

"What happened to you?" He asked. He sat up and looked closer at me.

"W-what do you mean? Nothing." I lied.

"Don't you dare lie to me." He said.

"Mark.." I let my gaze drop to the floor and tears fill my eyes."Mark happened."