1.13

POV Jisung

"Mr Kim closed the door, which was on my side, jogged to the driver's side and got in before driving off."

The trees we drove past were green and covered in leaves. It had a calming atmosphere and I liked it a lot. It was calming. Soon after a short while, however, it started to become more and more unnatural. There were now more houses that I saw and fewer plants and trees. As soon as I was done with university and this job, I would move to a village which was near Seoul. I loved nature far too much, so the city was just not a place for me to live, let alone grow old. I looked ahead and could already see the streets of the city centre as the driver turned right and continued towards Lee Tower.

I was amazed by the many beautiful flats that were next to the Tower, but when I thought about living in one of those, I could have screamed! Mr Kim parked the car in front of a building which was right next to the Tower. "We're here," he informed me briefly before unbuckling his seatbelt and jogging to my side, where he opened the door for me again. "You don't always have to do this," I said, embarrassed. "Mister Lee insists, sorry." He bowed as I got out. Then he closed the door and opened the boot where he had put my boxes and took out two, which he carried into the building and put in the lift. He did this so many times until all the boxes were in the lift. "Mr Han, please enter," he spoke and I immediately stood in the lift. He took a key out of his pocket. "This is your key, which will activate the lift and take you to your floor. So you don't have to tap anything," he explained, and I nodded immediately. After turning the key in the lift, he pulled it out and the lift went up, I could see from a display that it stopped on the second floor and when he opened the door, another door immediately appeared. "This is your front door. You have this key for it." He handed me both keys, one with a red collar which was for the lift and another key with a black collar which was probably for the front door.

After a short inhale, I unlocked the door and I couldn't believe my eyes. The first thing I saw was a huge window fronting my new living room. I immediately went to it and looked out. The view was breathtaking.

https://pin

https://pin.it/4S0TPT3 (Higher, of course. I have subsequently made the faces unrecognisable).

"Where do you want me to put the boxes?", "E-Eh just put them anywhere", I said, not knowing how many rooms this flat had. He nodded, put them in the living room and looked at me. "I'll leave you alone now. Goodbye." He bowed and closed the door from my flat before disappearing into the lift, leaving me alone. I was sure he was gone. I started squealing with delight. But when I turned around, I was not alone, for there stood Hyunjin. "Ah Hyung!" I cried out shortly, which made him laugh. "Take it easy, Ji. I won't kill you!" He came closer and put a cheesecake on the living room table. "Yes you are! You always scare me like that!" I looked at the cheesecake. "Whoa! What's that for?", "For the house-warming, of course. We're neighbours now, aren't we!" He laughed and hugged me.

I had honestly forgotten that we were neighbours now. "Thank you so much!" I returned the hug and disengaged after a few minutes. "Let's toast!" He went into another room, which was probably the kitchen, and came back with champagne. "Oh God Hyunjin, put that away, it's expensive!" I wanted to take the champagne from him, but he was quicker. "Jisung, you have a gross salary of €25,000 (27,110$) a month, of which you have €15,100 (16,374$) every month. And you want to tell me to put that away? Excuse me?" He grinned. "How much do I make?!" Had he really said €25,000?

"I'm pretty sure you got that." He grinned and put down the glasses, as well as the champagne. "So? Shall we?" I nodded slightly and sat down on the extremely comfortable sofa. Hyunjin opened the bottle and poured some into the two glasses for both of us. He then handed me one glass and took the other for himself. "Here's to being a good neighbour!" He toasted with me and drank. "Ugh, I'll never like champagne!" Hyunjin screwed up his face, I giggled and took a sip of my glass. "Eww, that doesn't taste good!" I immediately put the glass down and Hyunjin laughed. "That's what I'm saying!" He sat down with me and chuckled. "We're just not alcohol lovers." I nodded immediately. "That's right, yes." I started to giggle, too. The idea of the two of us, as alcoholics, was hilarious. "So, would you like a slice of cheesecake?" I nodded immediately and grabbed the knife Hyunjin had probably brought. "Sooo? How are things with Mister Lee? Have you had?", "What exactly do you mean?" I put the piece of cheesecake I had cut off earlier on Hyunjin's plate and looked at him. "What do you think? Sex, of course! And how was it? Was it good?" Hyunjin grinned cheekily at me. "We haven't had Hyunjin yet! Now let's eat!" He gave a short laugh and nodded. "Alright!" I also put a piece of cake on my plate and then ate it together with him. "Jisung, I'm afraid I can't stay any longer. I still have to study and send off the papers. I hope you won't be mad at me!" he said as he put his empty plate on the table. "No problem, Hyung, I'm not angry with you." He nodded curtly. "Thanks. I'll help you with the plates, though." Before I could even react, Hyunjin had also disappeared into the kitchen with the plates, so I picked up the glasses and followed him. My breath caught in my throat. This kitchen was a dream! "You got the best of the best. Not even my kitchen looks like this. Minho must really like you." He grinned at me as he put the dishes in the dishwasher. "I have to go now, see you!" And already he disappeared through the front door through which he had come.