1.14

Pov Jisung

"And already he disappeared through the front door through which he had come."

Now that Hyunjin was gone, I could finally visit my flat. No sooner said than done. I went back to my living room. The black sofa, which stood against the wall next to the window, really matched the grey wall colour very well. Mister Lee apparently liked simple colours more than colourful ones. When my gaze swivelled to the side opposite the sofa, I was amazed. There was a huge television hanging there. I didn't know what to think. After all, I had never had such a thing, and now to suddenly own so much frightened me. After I had picked myself up again, I went to the next door, which was directly adjacent to the living room. I guessed it was the bedroom, but it wasn't. It was a small but cosy bathroom with marble tiles, a bathtub and a shower, all in the colour white. All in all, it was really nice! I also noticed that there was another door.
And full of anticipation, I opened it directly. It was my bedroom, which, like the living room, had a window front and was kept in the colours brown and white. I couldn't imagine that I would be living here now!

After a short period of amazement, however, I remembered my boxes again, so I hurried into the living room and brought one after the other into my bedroom. But when I lifted my last box, I noticed the last, unopened door of mine. I put the box back on the floor and immediately went to the said door and opened it. It was a white room, which was built like an office. And in the middle of the room was a black box. Was it perhaps from Mister Lee? I walked towards the box and squatted in front of it before I started to untie the ribbon and took the card in my hand.

'Glad you arrived safely! Here's a little welcome gift from me.
M. Lee'.

A welcome gift? I opened the box and beaming at me was a new mobile phone, like car keys. Damn, that must have been extremely expensive! I carefully took out the mobile phone, as well as the car keys, when I saw a single key. I wondered what it was for. I took it in my hand and put the box on the desk. But I couldn't get the key out of my mind. What was it for? I looked around the room and saw a white cupboard with a lock on the door. Maybe the key belonged to that very cupboard! After a moment's thought, I put the key aside. After all, the cupboard was locked for a reason.

An hour later, I had finally finished clearing out, and the flat looked much more personal after I had hung all my photos on the wall. However, I was pulled out of my thoughts by my doorbell, so I ran to it and pressed the voice button. "Yes, hello who is it?", I asked immediately, as I knew from films that some people also just broke in somewhere as they didn't ask. "I have a bouquet of flowers for a certain Han Jisung", "That's me, just put it in the lift!", "OK!" I heard the paper of the flowers rustle and the door of the lift close, as well as the normal entrance door. I let the liftback up and opened my door when I heard a short sound telling me that the lift was now there. Then I opened my front door, picked up the flowers from the floor of the lift, and closed the door again.

'There's a party tomorrow night at 7pm at Lee Tower. Wear something elegant. I'll expect you in my office at 6:40 precisely. M. Lee'.

Hey Hyunjin! I know you're studying but I need your help!08:34 pm

08:34 pm

What's up Ji?
08:40 pm

There's a party tomorrow where I'm supposed to take Minho.
08:41 pm

Let me guess, you want me to help you?
08:42 pm

Maybe? 🥺
08:43 pm

Sure! I'll be there tomorrow at 4pm!
08:45 pm
But let me study now!
08:45 pm
😂😂
08:46 pm

Ok! 😂😂
08:46 pm
See you tomorrow
08:47 pm

---

I didn't get an answer, but I knew that Hyunjin really wanted to graduate with a good degree, and that's why he preferred to study rather than answer me now. Whereby I should also study again. That was exactly why I put the beautiful lilies in a vase. They were white. I wonder if Mr Lee was aware of the significance of this. He probably did. I took the card that was attached to the flowers and put it on my new desk. I wouldn't really be able to study today, but I could put the glasses that Hyunjin and I had drunk from in the dishwasher and maybe sit on my sofa and watch Netflix afterwards. Without a second thought, I went into the kitchen and put both glasses in the dishwasher, closed it and went towards the living room, where I sat down on the sofa, covered myself and turned on the TV. "Hmm, maybe all of us are dead?" I nodded. That sounded good to me! So I started the series and watched it. And after exactly three episodes, I had already fallen asleep.