60. Misunderstanding

After waiting for so long , he was finally called upon to enter

As soon as he entered, he looked over and she was sitting behind a table in an adjacent hall, staring at Will with an expressionless face. Apparently, she was still angry.

"Didn't you say you would never come back?" she asked coldly.

"And yet, here you are, back again, What are you doing in my office?" She wore a long, violet gown, with her long hair coiled on top of her head and bound with a phoenix hairpin. Her garment was embroidered with black designs that made her seem particularly dignified.

Overall, anyone who looked at her would be hard pressed to not want to ravish her on the spot.

Will blinked for a moment, then stuck his chest out and waved his sleeve. Expression cold, he frowned and said, "Enough!"

Her eyes widened. Never could she have imagined that Will would speak to her in such a tone. She slapped the arm of her chair, trembling in rage. However, that only made her seem more entrancing....
She seemed on the verge of exploding.

Her eyes were icy, and just as she was about to start cursing him, Will snorted coldly and walked over setting a crystal case, holding a medicinal pill to her.

Her rage did not lessen. With a cold laugh, she waved her hand, causing the pill bottle to shatter, and sending the medicinal pill flying out into the air.

Will looked her calmly in the eye as the pill landed on the ground and rolled off to the side. Slowly, his eyes seemed to fade self-deprecatingly.

"I returned for one reason only, and that was to give you this pill bottle. I am completely destitute. All of the Favors and financials I had went into this pill I got for the company. Because of that, I had no choice but to go to the other branch to get what they asked for the wave branch. Only then was I able to build up enough to get this single medicinal pill. It is a special medicine that I got for the sole purpose of giving it to a special person!"

Will looked at her and continued

"The medicine has been given, so I shall take my leave. Henceforth, you are the Boss of this branch, and I am Will your employee!"

His voice seemed bitter and filled with pain, as if the shattered pill bottle was a reflection of the state of his heart, and the fallen pill had transformed his kind feelings into nothing more than ashes.

Clasping hands, he bowed deeply, then turned and strode toward the door, looking completely and utterly lonesome.

She looked on in shock. She had assumed that Will would come to fawn ingratiatingly.

In fact, the reason she had made him wait outside for so long, was to make sure he realized that it didn't matter if the shareholders liked him. In this branch she was his boss and was not someone to be brazenly defied.

To her surprise, however, he had started out by chiding her. Considering her pride and lofty position, it was impossible for her not to have been angered. When he tossed her the pill bottle, that anger erupted, and she destroyed the bottle.

Of course she had noticed the pill rolling off to the side. But how could she ever have predicted the next set of words that would come out of his mouth?

She looked down at the pill, and then looked at Will bleakly walking out the door.

For some reason, her heart suddenly seemed empty, which was a feeling that she had never experienced before.

"Wait!" she blurted.

Will stopped in place, then turned and calmly clasped his hands in formal fashion.

"You have orders for me, Boss?" His wording was very polite, without the slightest hint of passion or emotion.

His expression was cold and grim, almost as if he had severed away his memories and buried them deep in his heart. Even more telling was that he had addressed her as 'Boss' instead of the usual flirty way.

"You...." Her face was ashen, and for some reason, her heart felt like it was in complete shambles.

"If you have no pressing matter, then I shall take my leave." Expression the same as ever, Will turned and left the office.