44. Immortality:2

Immortality 2

As he looked at his predecessors he spoke to his two wives saying

"Things of the world all have their limit. Immortality is also thus.

As the years that you and I have lived are limited, narrow and shallow, it's naturally hard to imagine being miserable in the middle of it.

Just think a moment. Should one person, year after year not growing old, watching one's wife and lovers, each and every one go from a unique young beauty to becoming old and rickety, their lives slowly going to an end... What kind of feeling is that?"

"And similarly, this person watches their own son grow big, get married and have kids. Afterwards their grandson grows old, the son and daughter-in-law die, and one can only watch with the cool eye of a bystander, not able to redeem these relatives' lives.

By the time that again afterwards the grandson dies, the great-great-grandson also... Watching the family graveyard become more and more large, ranging even farther and wider, but there is always only oneself remaining there, what kind of feeling is this as well?"

"That is why I would love to have a family complete with immortality but how would the universe allow such"

Imagine generations after generations of immortal beings.....it's simple impossible to maintain such

So the natural heavens would obviously bring about a natural curb either as an enemy or simple infertility

So I'm naturally satisfied with just us three forever in love and life"