𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐀𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐨

An hour ago, I stared at my message typed for a few more seconds before I clicked send.

Adriano: Good morning novalie

I had originally said amore but I felt if I kept rushing things with her it might scare her. I guess I'm scaring her already cause she still hasn't replied.

She probably feels I'm a creep, yes I did tell her I'd been staring at her picture daily for five months, but I was just being honest.
I hadn't realized when it became a habit until I couldn't bring myself to stop anymore.

Something about her had me curious, she was in all the pictures but never really there. It astonishes me how she maintains the spotlight position in every group photo without even trying.

In all photos I'd seen, she looked stoic. Slightly pouted lips, her body language screaming self-confinement and mental torture. Her eyes. No matter how brightly she smiled, feigning happiness, her eyes looked emotionless, they were effortlessly dead. She definitely didn't want to be there.

All that had me curious, most mafia princesses were spoilt girls who wasted money, had a shitty attitude, and got away with everything cause they were daddy's brat. She, on the other hand, seemed different.

My inquisitiveness was driving me to unconventional heights, even for me, this was unorthodox. I feel bad forcing her into a marriage she doesn't want but I know I'll feel guilty if I didn't try. Every second of the day I think of those sad eyes and I feel them screaming for help, for comfort, not familial comfort though. Something more.

I want to give her my best, the best. I want to cure her hurt and reinvent her state, erase whatever hurt her, and refill her with joy but what if I'm wrong?
I wouldn't want to harm her.

I never would've killed her dad anyway, I just wanted an opportunity and I knew that was the only way I could get it.

I wanted to make Novalie Escarra mine. Hell, she's been mine for a while and she didn't even know it. Proud? No, confident? Definitely.

"Big brotherrrr" I heard my sister's high-pitched voice yell as she walked into my room and my ears internally bled as she cut off my trail of thoughts.

I love my sister, Mia, a lot. We were really close and she was like my little princess. I was soft only with her and could be soft to anyone only for her.

She was one of those spoilt mafia princesses from earlier but she was really sweet so I didn't mind.

You're part of those who spoil her though

Shutup consy

Sigh

"What are you doing here princess," I asked surprised she was in Mexico.

"You really didn't think I'll miss your wedding, did you, fratello? Mum told me you were getting married to that beautiful girl on your wallpaper" she says hugging my waist.

"Of course, she did" I chuckled not at all surprised my mum had already told her, they were gossip partners.

"So when do I get to meet her?" She asks.

"Soon, Bambi," I say kissing her on the forehead as she nods and runs off to go do something else.

Speaking of, how's the soon-to-be wife?

True, I think as I dial her number, wondering why she still hasn't answered my text. The phone rings for a while before she finally picks up.

"Ugh," she says groaning.

"Good morning to you too novalie"

"What the fuck do you want?"

"Someone is definitely not a morning person. I was just checking up on you, just waking up?" I ask holding back a chuckle.