𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 - 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞

"Hi Dad," I said after answering the phone.

"Hey baby, how are you doing?" He sounded overtly pleasant, and his voice was laced with mischief.

"I'm good. Anything wrong, Dad?" My family and I had developed a weekend call routine where we caught up and talked about our week. We were a few days away from the weekend, so the random call from my father came as a surprise because it insinuated something urgent he couldn't wait to tell me.

"Firstly, I'm sorry it took so long, but the wait is almost over. I did it!" He was ecstatic, and I could feel the joy sprouting from his being through the phone.

"Did what?" I asked, confused.

"We've made arrangements and we're coming to get you soon. At least in the next month because we have some more preparations to make and more men to acquire but all the same, soon you will be out..." My mind trailed his voice off as it raced through A million thoughts

What? I felt my body slow down and my speech froze at the force at which the epiphany assaulted me into realization.

The time had finally come, an opportunity to escape subjection and return to latitude had presented itself, but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to share my father's ecstasy.

This is good news. This is supposed to be good news, and I am supposed to be happy, but Adriano. How do I explain or tell him, especially after our progress lately. I had just started to let go of spite and had also gotten used to being around him all day, sharing the little things about each other in the comfort of the other's embrace.

"Dad?" I debated on telling him my worries

"Yes Carina," he drawls

"I don't think it'll be fair to just leave him like that," I said in hesitance.

"That's not our problem, Princesa," he pushed to convince me.

"But he has been good to me since I've been here. Is there a way we could walk it out, perhaps-" I don't know where these words rooted from.

"Don't start with that Carina, I expected you to be happy because this is what you asked for, isn't it?" he questioned.

'It was, but it isn't anymore' is what I meant to say, but Dad was right. I never wanted to be here, so I should be happy I get to leave. But before I could respond, I heard my father's low muttering on the phone, "Why the fuck are you rethinking it Carina, are you guys sleeping together?"

"Huh?" I wasn't going to tell my dad that his enemy has had his head between my thighs.

He lets out a low sigh before he speaks, "You better not be but if you are I'm going to kill that fucking bastard," his voice was low and I almost didn't hear.

"You can't do that, he didn't force-"

"Fuck, Novalie. You need to stop being so fucking naive all the time!" My statement was cut short by my father's angry blaring on the other side of the phone as his voice rose beyond normal, but what I could think about was his unusual tone. My father had never spoken to me like that, and I didn't know how I could possibly calm him down.

"You're making me yell, I don't want to yell. Just get ready," There was no more hiding it, something was up.

"What's going on?" I asked him

"Don't worry about that, I'll talk to you again soon," he tried to brush it over and before I could insist and push the problem out his mouth, someone knocks lightly before opening the door.

"Hi, Tesoro," Adriano whispers when he notices I'm still on the phone.

"Bye, Princesa," my dad says again as I watch my husband stalk the room as he whips his shirt off and proceeds toward me.

He had just entered but he somehow managed to make the room hot with his heavy presence.

"Bye, Dad," I responded before hanging up as Adriano joined me on the bed and cuddled into me.

"You're done?" I asked cause it hadn't been long since I left him.

"Let's say so," he cuddled further into me and I heard him sniffing me in.

Yep, I married a child.

"You're becoming more of a baby by each passing day, Mr mafia Boss," I teased him.

"No I'm not!" he insisted and I chuckled.

"So when will you get your work done?" I asked him.

"I'm done for the day but I have to continue tomorrow," he said and I nodded in response.

"Adriano?" I wouldn't have to leave if I didn't want to, would I? But I had to decide if I did want to stay or not.

"Yes baby," he looked up at me.

"Do you like being married to me?" I was scared to hear the answer but I still wanted to know.

"I do, why do you ask?"

"I just uh- wanted to know. I know how it came to be but I really want to know why you decided to marry me," he chuckled as he ran his fingers around my legs and moved up to meet me at eye level.

"Why I decided to marry you? Let's see, as I said before I was curious but even more, I wanted to protect you, I wanted to know you. Hence, my curiosity drove me to take that step," he was so close that his hot breaths brushed my ears and sent sparks flying through me.

He slid his hand into my top, "Do you understand, Tesoro?" his lips brushed my ear before he started placing small kisses around my neck and he cupped my breast.

"I do, but protect me from what?" His touch made my stomach squirm and my breaths hitch. It was on the verge of driving me farther from rationality.

"Stop talking," he drawled, taking over my lips with small kisses.

"Now, can we continue what we started earlier?" he slid his hand into my skirt once again.

"Fine," I smiled into the kiss but he interrupted it as he started to progressively kiss down.

I gripped his hand and he looked at me in confusion, "anything wrong?" he questioned.

"No, but..uh that's not what I want today..."

"And what is it that you want amore?" an amused smirk made its way to his face.

I gulped and breathed in. I never thought I'd find myself saying this but, "I-I want you. I want you inside me."

The previous smirk ghosted his face, replaced with one of concern.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" I loved that he put in the effort to ensure.

"Yes," I guess I'd made my decision, I'm going to give him a chance and maybe this could work out.

"Alright," his lips returned to mine again as he held the tip of my shirt.

°°°
Mature content chapter next🥴

Thank you for reading🌚

Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you want🥺

Have a great day!❤️
~No word count cause I'm embarrased😂😭

•••