chapter 28: wedding preparations

"A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water."
                            ~Eleanor Roosevelt, former first lady and social reformer.

P

lease ignore any typos.... Was in a hurry to get this done.😽

Ayesha•|

Yeah! Y'all read that right!
Wedding preparations!

What happened to:"I will talk to her and see what we can conclude on"?
A

s everyone was running helter skelter to make it on time for the daurin aure, I sat  on the bed eating unriped mangoes happily because y'all don't expect me to join the celebration.
Mama(Alli's mom) came in.
"Ayesha, please be patient with whatever is happening, you shall always be dear to us all"
"Yes, mama" I replied her. We both sat in silence for a while before Alli came to interrupt by knocking.
"Ya Allah!, Alli, are you not meant to be in the mosque?!" Mama reprimanded.
"Mum, can you give us space please?" He asked.
Mama left.
"Ma vie—"
"You will be late for the event, you should get going, don't worry about me, I will be fine" I cut him off
"Urgh, I have to tell you the truth — wait!, is that unripened mango you are feeding my child.!?"
"Talk." I said ignoring the question.
He sighed then;" I am not getting married to Maimunah, she is getting .married to her lover; Aryan but I am the external fake groom while he is the real groom "
"I know you are trying to calm me down but it's useless, just go to the mosque already!" I said.
"Walahi it is the truth!"
"Leave Alli"
"I swear by Allah it is the truth!"
"Do you want me to call Mai?" He asked.
*********
•Months later•

•Baby shower• •10:30 am•

I woke up to the smell of chadian Bakhoor. I get out of bed holding my bulging, protruding belly and get out of my room to meet Amal, Hannan, Fareehah, Azeemah,Amirah, Adda Maryam and Alli in my mini living room.
"What is going on here?"
"Good morning!" Alli greeted kissing my temple.
"Morning"
"It's your baby shower!!" Hannie squealed.
"What!!..."
"C'mon, go get ready and meet us downstairs" Alli said and took me to my room.
I came out to meet a white Caribbean gown and gold veil  on the bed. I slid it on difficultly and then applied make up.
I joined the rest downstairs and met Alli's friends too.
I sat  on the chair with Fara and Alli's help.
"Careful"  Fara said
"Yes doc!" I teased. She is now proudly a certified doctor!.
After fun and eating everything eatable, they all left as it was getting dark; 6;30pm except my sisters.
I reclined  on the sofa downstairs, opening gifts brought by the guests  when I felt something ticking down my leg.
"Fara!" I yelled to her who was in the kitchen.
"Yes Adda!"
"My water just broke!, get the bag!"
"Illahi!"
.
.
.
.
Alli rushed down the stairs with the hospital bag and Fara and Hannan behind him.
"Hospital!"
"Keep your eyes open!"
.........

.......

"It's a girl!" The doctors  yell while I collapsed on the bed.
"You did it!" Alli said but I was too weak to relpy.
"Rizqah Noor Alli"
And I smiled.

Do you all like the new cover?
It's 'the tripledose' picture.
I don't know if it is an offence using their picture without permission but....
I actually like them  so please follow them on instagram @tripledose_

Ramadan Mubarak!!
Please vote and read my other books; life of Mia, Gratitude, Adventures of Maryam....

Follow me for constant updates...
Xoxo

TT: hamitaaf__

💜