Chapter 36; Holistically trying.

*|Fareehah|*

Digii III(remix)- Mr Tee ft Tenorboy.

After lunch of rice and  fried beef sauce, I got ready to leave with Yusuf while Bashir chose to work on some  office work. Bashir waved I and Najm goodbye as I sped out of the compound and somehow my mind just chose that time to start replaying bits from my marriage with Bashir so far.

maybe I should consider his request, I mean, I think I have to. we are married after all.

he beat you.

my subconscious reminded. not technically beat, he threw hot coal on me, but he apologised.

and I think he is being sincere because even before all this happened, he cared for me sincerely.

remember at the family function when I was rushing to the hospital and he told me to stay safe? yeah, that time. 

Anyway, I have concluded halfway in my mind, all I need is my parent's advice and for My Lord to choose what's best for me. I glanced at Yusuf who sat behind through the rear mirror and saw that he was still busy with his iPad.  I parked to get popsicles for him on the way because he has to take his medications later this evening and I know Yusuf, he won't have it without anything sweet before. He has such a sweet tooth.

''here, Najm'', I handed the popsicle to him diverting his attention to me.

he gasped; 'thank you mama!'',

''you welcome, are you ready to meet everyone?'', I inquired

''yes, mama!'', he happily said, licking his popsicle.

''don't let it drop on your iPad!'', I warned as I got back on the road to Gwarimpa, my parent's residence.

*Alli Tukur's Villa*

I parked beside Adda's car and got off after killing the engine. I held Yusuf's little hand and told him to drop his iPad in the car, then we walked in.

Hannan was the one to welcome us in and she engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. 

''you are choking me, Hannie''. I teased, wanting her to get off me.

''you are choking my mommy'', Yusuf's tiny voice interfered and Hannie pulled away, looking at the little boy that clutched my abaya.

''wai! who is this cutie, adda?'', she asked sniffing and only then did I realise she was tearing up.

''you were crying?! haba! I missed you too, come here'', I said and hugged her briefly again.

''I was so bored and frustrated without you and Adda Ayesha, you can't imagine'', she said wiping away the last bit of tears on her face.

''eyyah!''.

''who is this?'', she asked

''My son, Yusuf'', I told her, my gaze intent on her to mirror her reaction.

''nice try, come on in, Mom and Adda are waiting'', she said dismissively.

''that's your Aunty H'', I told him loud enough for Hannan to hear.

''making her aunty number three?!'', he asked and I nodded.

i held his hand and walked further in, hearing their voices coming from the kitchen.

''as Salam alaykum fam! your fave is back!'', I announced teasingly. I rushed to envelop mom into a tight hug, releasing Yusuf in the process.

''haba mana, Faree! it is not even up to a month!'', my mom exclaimed patting my back and I pulled away.