Chapter 46: Coming Forward

Hunhow goes to the Furry National Guard the next day to report for training

Hunhow goes to the Furry National Guard the next day to report for training. But when training ends, he pulls Kane and the others aside. He tells them at the end of the day, he wants them to watch the live news press conference that the mayor is holding. He tells them it's important and that they should watch it. They seem quite puzzled but agree. Once Hunhow leaves the base he calls Jennifer, Marcus and Lizzie and asks them to do the same. They also agree and Hunhow knows that the hammer will drop soon. Finally he calls Crystal. She answers and is delighted to see and talk to him again. He explains what's happening and what he plans to do. She starts to cry but he reassures her he will be alright. They say their goodbyes before parting ways. He then decides to drive home and ask Holly to come with him to his parents' house. When he arrives he asks her and she agrees. They both get in his truck and drive to his mom and dad's house.

~ Time Skip ~ Few Hours Later ~

Hunhow and Holly arrive at his parents house. He is nervous and doesn't want to tell them. But he knows he cannot hide the truth and must come forward. He gets out of his truck and so does Holly. Afterwards, they walk to the front door and he gently knocks on it. When he does they open the door and are delighted to see him. He and Holly step inside. He asks his parents to sit at the table because it's urgent. They seemed quite worried by his expression but did it. Once they sit down, Hunhow takes a deep breath and holds Holly's paw. He explains everything to them. The bikers, the cartels, the Mafia, the criminals, violent abusers, etc. They are left numb and completely at a loss for words when he says this. Jane starts to tear up and cry while his father hugs her. He reassures them everything will be okay. Jane and Joseph both hug him and tell him they will always love him no matter what. They all go to sit down at the TV to watch the mayor's special report broadcast. Looma remains strong through the entire broadcast. She explains who the punisher is, what he has done, how his crimes have affected the city and its population. She explains how she herself hired him to carry out some of these crimes. And that he isn't a bad person but is someone who needs help. When she finishes the broadcast reporters flood her with questions. Joseph turns off the TV and looks at his wife before back at Hunhow. "Son, are you sure you want to do this"? Joseph asked. "Yes, I'm sure" Hunhow replies. Joseph and Jane hug Hunhow telling him he they love him. He and Holly decide to go home.

~ Time Skip ~ Hour Later ~

Hunhow goes home and goes to his backyard. There, he sets up a large barrel fire and goes to destroy and burn all his tactical vest and weapons. "It's over" he tells himself. "It's over". Once he burns all the weapons and gear, he walks back to the home. He goes inside and decides to spend the last night of freedom he has with Holly. They play guitar together and passionately kiss each other before going off to sleep. "May God have mercy".........