Chapter 12: Admiring Dreams

"Mother..!"

A young girl opened a certain door as she rushed towards her mother while holding a thin book in her hands.

"Oh? What is it dear?"

Her mother bend down so her daughter could reach her by that kind of position.

"Mother, brother recently gave me this book called, 'A Bird Without Wings'. I tried asking him what does it mean, but he just smiled and patted my head. That also goes for my sister- but I wanna know what it means! Mother... Can you tell me?"

Her mother then chuckled,"Come down now, Y/n, actually... You can learn something from the book that your brother gave you."

"Let's see... How should I put this..? Ah, I know a perfect example, so listen close. 'A man without an ambition is like a bird without wings.' By that, it means that he does not progress and achieves no success in life."

"You know, Y/n, mother once dreamed of becoming a bird if I'm no longer here with you. With that, I could soar freely up from the sky as I continued to watch all the three of you."

"Woahhh... Is it even possible for us to be able to fly, mother? If that's the case, then I want to become a bird too so that I could join you!"

Her mother just weakly laughs,"I'm sure you'll be able to seek the freedom that you deserve, my little one. As for me, let's just say that I'm currently locked up in a cage that has no key."

"Hmm? What does that mean?"

Her mother then patted her head before standing up.

"You'll know it once you're old enough, but for now, all that I wanted for you is to be able to soar freely above the sky and seek the freedom that I can only dream of."

"Now, I'll be going outside and discuss something to your brother about our clan."

Before she was able to walk away, her daughter suddenly stops her by asking a certain question.

"But mother, what can the clan even do for us? Father was so busy by restoring the honor of our clan that been damaged by our ancestors."

"...Y/n, you shouldn't always look on the bad side of the situation. For example, ask not what your clan can do for you, but what can you do for your clan. And that's what your father and I are trying to do."

"While you're still young, I want you to seek freedom and become captive of your own desire, but also seek discipline and find your liberty."

Somehow, the young girl was touched by her mother's admiring words as she grinned brightly at her.

"Then I'll do everything I can so that I won't dishonour our clan but also won't restrain myself from doing the things I wanted to. I promise you that, mother!"

_____

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

.....

"...!"

You quickly sat up straight and then clutch your head lightly, thinking that your headache was beginning to fade away.