Chapter 11: Invader Without Shame

"...."

"Ms. Kamisato!"

You heard your comrades calling out to you while you stand there in a praying position while closing your eyes and ask the gods to give them a better life to those who had fallen but never seek their own freedom.

"...Ms. Kamisato, why didn't you let us help you during the battle? We were actually waiting for you to signal us to engage."

"I-it's not that we doubted your abilities or anything- actually your martial prowess kept us in awe back there, however we're still afraid of you getting hurt."

"Hmm? Ah, my apologies and thank you for your concern. To tell you the truth, I was actually expecting their leader to join and help them fought, however... It seems that the one whose in charge in their operation doesn't even give a care about them to begin with."

You then sighed, "What a shame."

"Anyway, can I ask for you four to inspect each one of them and then open their pockets to see if there are any clues that leads to their base?"

"Yes ma'am. We're on it."

After a while...

"Ms. Kamisato, can you please come here for a minute? I think I've found something."

You went towards the Shogunate who inspected one of the bodies of the fatui skirmishers and then handed you a piece of paper.

"Wait- could it be..?"

The paper seems to be a map of Kannazuka and it directly shows their operational base that's somewhere hidden inside a small cave.

"This map shows us the location, however if you looked at the direction of where their base is located... It is nothing but some rocks that are piled up to one another." A Shogunate stated.

"Hmm..."

You slowly walked towards the piled up rocks and then used your elemental energy to confirm something.

"...As expected."

"Huh? Ms. Kamisato, did you figure it out by any chance?"

You turned around and face them, "Hey, can you used your Geo Vision to break this strange rock?"

The Shogunate followed your orders and then used his elemental skill to break it, revealing a domain that's glowing in red. You cautiously move forward and touched the center as the color suddenly changed to blue and opened by itself.

"I can say that this domain is probably daring us to enter. We still don't know what we'll encounter inside though so we have to be cautious and keep an eye to our surroundings."

"Furthermore... Can the two from the six of you volunteer to guard the entrance while the five of us will enter inside? It's more important that someone must keep an eye out here since we aren't sure if they brought back up that's coming this way."

"Understood."

You nodded decisively at yourself before entering a domain you never once heard of.

_____

"Woah... who knew that a domain like this was hidden inside of just some pile of rocks?" A Shogunate says in awe.

You couldn't deny the fact that the scenery inside the domain was truly an amazing sight to see, although it doesn't change the fact that you're beginning to feel uneasy about this place.